Searching...
Highlighted

Reset email password

thadeus60

My password suddenly stopped working for an old email account which I still use, but it's on the legacy system.  How do I reset this.  I've search every where, but there is nothing that explains how to do it.  I just keep going around in loops on the website.

Re: Reset email password

Jeneral__Pain

If it is on the legacy system, please contact support for this. You'll need to chat or call them.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

AlistarS

@Jeneral_Pain is right.

You'll need to contact our Tech team on Live Chat @thadeus60

Select, Personal → Home phone, Broadband & NBN → technical issues (24/7). We'll need to send you a temporary password via email or SMS. You'll then need to follow the steps outlined in our Internet & Email Username & Password help guide. 

thadeus60

I have been in contact with them  twice.  They send me a temporary password that never works.

Always says invalid user or password. 

thadeus60

Thanks, but I've already been through this twice with no solution.

AlistarS

Ah. that's frustrating. 

At which point do you become stuck? Does the temporary password bring up the invalid password error prompt?, or is it when you attempt to change the password to something of your choosing? 

thadeus60

I get stuck trying to enter the  temp password.  Won't let me logon.

Ray_YC

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details so this can be looked into.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

thadeus60

Ok Ray, I have done that.

thadeus60

I just realised.  This link, actually resets your YesCrowd password:

Internet & Email Username & Password help guide. 

I tried it again and got the following email to my recovery account.

Here's your temporary Optus password.

Your temporary password is: XXXXXXX

Click on the link below to log in using your temporary password.

This takes you to 'YesCrowd', not webmail.  What gives here?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos