Searching...

Privacy Policy changes opt out

RBC

I received an email that Optus' privay policy has changed with a hyperlink to allow me to opt out. This was the second email on the topic and said technical issues from an earlier link had been fixed.

I am still unable to opt out. I get the log in page and after I log in, it is not apparent where I need to go to opt out.

Legally, the opt out process is required to be fast and simple. This has not been my experience at all.

Furthermore, there is nowhere that customers can easily email or leave a written message to obtain assistance.

Re: Privacy Policy changes opt out

mrporter

Yet another person having issues thanks optus.

my account - my profile - general marketing

hope that helps.

frogs4eva

Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately, when I followed your instructions Optus informed me that (and I quote...)

"Something went wrong!
Something went wrong on our side. Please try again later."

Something not quite right about this Optus. We want transparency, clear instructions, links that work and the option to do what you say we have the option to do. Not happy1

Casey_

Hey @RBC, to opt out please visit http://www.optus.com.au/intouch or log into your My Account. Once logged in, go to Profile > General Marketing > Un check 'Share anonymous insights with 3rd parties' > Save Preferences. Alternatively you can also call us on 1300 784 937 during business hours. More information on our Privacy Policy can be found here → http://www.optus.com.au/about/legal/privacy.

Casey_

Hey @frogs4eva, if you're having trouble logging into your My Account can you please send us a PM with your account details, full name and DOB so we can check your profile? 

frogs4eva

Thanks Casey. I had no problem accessing my account. I could not get any information at the General Marketing tab.

I followed your advice to @RBC and was successful today. Opt outs now done. Thanks

Casey_

Thanks for confirming @frogs4eva. If we can assist with anything else, please let us know.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
19 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
12 Kudos
9 Kudos