Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Order Confirmation Message, No account details changed

One of the phones on my account received two SMS giving an Order Reference number for each number, but I have made no changes to said account.

Is this a legitimate Optus message?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Order Confirmation Message, No account details changed

Hey itsonlybarney,

Tricky for us to know here, suggestion would be to post a screenshot of the messages (hiding any personal info like your mobile number) so we can have a better look or contacting Optus directly to check out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Ray,

These are the two SMS messages received.  Everything looks legitimate, I saw someone else with a similar post here on Yes Crowd.

I haven't made any changes to our accounts, and I'm not using a password I have used anywhere else that could indicate a compromised account.

The phones are both numbers are working fine, SMS, calls and data.

TIA,

Andrew

IMG-20200201-WA0011.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for that, I agree, they do look legitimate (although they were sent at midnight?!)

I'm afraid we are unable to view orders ourselves here, if you'd like to know exactly what they are for you will need to get in touch with Optus.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos