cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Optus website causing GBs of uploads to pointless chatbot service in USA

Whenever I use Firefox, eventually a large stream of data starts to upload to the servers of 247-inc.com via javascript embedded in all Optus web pages.

If a person used Firefox, they could well expend all their mobile data, just by having an Optus page displayed for a few hours. If you don't have a bandwidth monitor, you can see it in the Windows Resource Manager.

247.jpg

247-2.jpg

247-3.jpg

247-4.jpg

247-5.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus website causing GBs of uploads to pointless chatbot service in USA

I'm having difficulty replicating it, though.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Are your sure it's not all going to MIA Sphere.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

MIA Sphere could be an alien abduction hub, for all I know.

I have managed to get rid of the problem by installing my old browsing friend "Disconnect"... I had to get rid of it when Firefox introduced Quantum 58.   Disconnect just doesn't let your browser connect with 3rd party tracker websites. It's blocked part of 247, but not all of it.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

247inc is the customer experience licensee of the software we use for Live Chat.

The Live chat prompt does pop up now and then when you're browsing the Optus Website.

I imagine that's why it's embedded within most of our pages on the site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

That would make sense. The web page keeps a connection alive and sends a small header to 247, every few seconds. In my case, for a few days, it had decided to upload continously to 247. If I'd been quicker on the draw, I could have gone to Firefox web developer tools -> Network, and seen what was happening. After installing the Disconnect plugin, the problem went, even when I disable Disconnect.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors