Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus send message for better customer experience

Hi Yes Crowd!

As you may be aware, we are a customer help customer forum with a couple of moderators on hand to help out from time to time Smiley Happy

This means that we're not able to assist with account specific enquiries and when this is required, we refer the person to contact Optus via our Social Media channels, Live Chat team or by sending a message via the My Optus app or My Account.

Check out this article on the CMO website about how Optus has launched Messaging to improve its customer service and support. Here is a snippet:

"A key feature is customers and care teams have access to the full conversation history anytime, on any channel. This means customers using Messaging avoid having to repeat themselves as the conversation can be picked up and continued by support teams."

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
3 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Optus send message for better customer experience

What I don't understand is why the Optus social media contacts aren't also active here. Telling your customers that they can get more help from a 3rd-party social media site then they can from an official Optus one is just disrespectful to your customers.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi yetanotheracc,

The overall purpose of Yes Crowd is a customer helping customer online forum.

Our Social Media agents are able to provide assistance with account specific enquiries. They are unable to obtain customer information via Yes Crowd and have their own process for securely capturing this information.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sure Yes Crowd is primarily for customers to help themselves, but there is zero reason that your social media agents should be totally ignoring it.

You can't tell me that they can capture info more securely through 3rd-party dm's/pm's then they can through Yes Crowd dm's.

You yourself, as well as well other managers/moderators, have solicited such security DM's , so clearly there are no security issues in using Yes Crowd DM's.

0 Kudos