cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Kimmy_Perth
Occasional Contributor

Optus perk Hoyts booking fee

How do I purchase hoyts tickets at the counter or self serve machine to avoid the booking fee? I went to Southland today and the staff said your FAQ Q3 is incorrect to state customers can purchase Optus perk tickets over counter 😒

Tags (2)
12 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus perk Hoyts booking fee

So here is the segment:

You have the option of waiving the $1.50 booking fee, including the $3 LUX booking fee, by heading in to a HOYTS cinema and finding the Optus Perks code which will appear on the terminals over and around the ticket Box Office area.

So you HAVE to use the terminals to book at the movies and not over the counter.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Tis the great 20 century rip off - Booking Fees.

Somehow travelling across the country to find a specially constructed booth (i.e. cost) to log into a specially configured browser (i.e. cost) to send an electronic request to Sydney Head Quarters for a ticket means no booking cost.

Logging into the internet to send the same electronic request to Sydney Head Quarters for a ticket costs $1.50 - $3.00

I suppose Hoyts do it because they can

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

I did use the terminal and there’s no such thing as an Optus peak code so I went to the counter and the lady said the only way to buy with Optus price is via online. 

The FAQ is incorrect to state we can avoid the booking fee Smiley Sad

Moderator Alistar

Hi there, 

sorry to hear about this Smiley Sad I'll follow up with perks team for you. Can you please tell me what Hoyts cinema you went to?

Thank you!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Alistair

it was at Southland Hoyts WA. Would appreciate some clarity on how we’re suppose to book at the terminal without been charged to avoid the booking fee. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor alxdvy
New Contributor

Hi Alistar - has a solution been found to this yet?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

No reply from @Alistar

0 Kudos
New Contributor KIH
New Contributor

I have managed to find the code. When at Southlands look at the front counter, then look up at the banner showing all the movies...there is a small (very) little Optus perks code that changes daily. The manager (who I asked to speak to about Optus perks) and I searched everywhere one day before Xmas before we found it. Hope that helps. 

New Contributor alxdvy
New Contributor

Amazing, thanks for taking the time to share KIH!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors