Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Belizarius
New Contributor

Re: Optus new connection- Credit check failed

Hey,

The free for Equifax (Veda) is for their score, you don't need to pay for the credit history. They try and trick you by pushing you to the score instead of the actualy credit history which by law you're entitled to one a year for free.

0 Kudos
New Contributor mattc9326
New Contributor

I am also in the same boat. I just cancelled all my Telstra services due to over charging an average service. Paid both plans out. Signed up with Optus NBN on a two year contract no worries. Then when i went to sign up a mobile deal, it came back rejected? I understand everyone needs a credit check. But they cannot tell me the reason why i was rejected either? I then went back to Optus saying i wasnt able to receive a reason why from the company they choose to use. I then even offered to pay the whole plan amount on the day to go on the account as a credit to use each month and was told this is not possible. Which is fair enough but, my accounts are more then healthy enough to cover this monthly fee. I spoke to my two currunt loaners to see if i had missed any payments and they have confirmed that both my loans are ahead. I am just struggling to understand how this decision has been made?

Silly me for paying out my Telstra plan before going to Optus. Now im left with no phone for work, and most likely a cancelled NBN bundell when it arrives as im outraged with how they have given me no help even with me offering to pay the whole phone plan upfront? Looks like i have to go set back up with Telstra and find another internet supplier. Absolute insanity on optus's partner here. Even this post above stating that Veda try and trick optus's customers to pay when it clearly should be free as stated. I think this needs to be re evaluated.

0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Hi @mattc9326, apologies for the delayed response, we're here to help. If you can please private message us your full name and DOB, we're more than happy to look up your credit application and see if anything further can be done. In the meanwhile, for more on credit related information, please see our Privacy Policy here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Iceice
New Contributor

Yes definitely agree.

I had this same issue yesterday for just a $30 plan. That i currently have 2 vodafone plan and think switching 1 to optus which they wasted 1 week of my time processing it. And their call center is crap you be on hold for an hour to get through. So end up talking in optus live chat instead to follow the application. And i same situation as you. Work & never haved any unpaid bill.

First in my life say my credit check failed. Omg... what a joke.

I think they just want keep our personal detail.

NEVER EVER SHOP AT OPTUS AGAIN. 

ITS A WASTE OF TIME & MONEY

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

@Iceice Sorry for the slow reply. Feel free to send us a private message with your account details - full name, DOB and mobile number so we can look into the credit check and see if anything can be done. For more on credit related information, you can see our Privacy Policy here.

0 Kudos
New Contributor JT_Hills
New Contributor

My wife tried to apply for the $30 dollar a month postpaid plan and was rejected for a failed credit check. She is a practicing medical doctor and it baffles me how these credit checks are done, and how can these results be so absolute, we retrieved the Dun and Bradstreet report, and nothing in there states she has any bad credit ratings. She and I work as professionals, and have no issues paying bills. She has platinum credit cards approved, but not for a $30 monthly plan from Optus. Didn't want to pay $80 for veda's report and has decided optus is not worth the trouble.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor AM99
New Contributor

I recently got new SIM only plan with Optus. Real nightmare started when I requested my number to be ported. I already had my contract completed with previous provider and Optus customer service agent told me my number would be ported in in next 24 hours. Once I called today firs i was told the number you are calling from is not from Optus(though I got it from OPTUS and received a bill as well) i gave my account number i was told sorry this doesn’t belong to Optus, i gave order number and was told it's not from Optus... what a joke... finally i got to someone who said he's going to add a new service so that my original mobile number can be ported but after some time came back saying system doesn’t allow me to do so, probably credit check. I have never defaulted in my life and my credit was fine last week; what has happened that now Optus system can add another service. It has been very frustrating and annoying experience. I have service with Optus, which I can't use nor can add another service as system hates me.

0 Kudos
New Contributor AM99
New Contributor

Worst customer service, been waiting for 75 minutes and agent just transferred call to another department without even telling me. Still nowhere after wasting two hours of my time. Will surly go to TIO my issue has not been addressed in last 10 days and repeated calls; bye bye OPTUS.  Had other services with you but first thing at my priority to move everything to new service provider and wont mind letting everyone know you are the worst.

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

@AM99 - Really disappointing to hear - it's certainly not the kind of onboarding experience we want you to have. I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this - since this post have you had a chance to chat to someone who was able to look into this for you? If you're still needing a hand with this please chat to us here http://optus.com.au/livechat so we can follow this up for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor revron
Occasional Contributor

so i too am a sucker to this credit check thing. i have been an optus customer since 2007 but having moved north in 2013 have been subject to telstra s woeful adsl because no one else could get in. Now that NBN is here I wanted to get back to Optus landline as our mobiles have always been with them. But no Yesterday after being told they would contact me in two days I got back to live chat after a week, and they told me i was rejected because of a credit check. i paid the $80 and saw that my credit rating is good and high so why did Optus ross members out. Don't they want my service anymore
0 Kudos