Searching...
Highlighted

Optus Zoo Closing 27 March, 2015

[ Edited ]
Andy

Optus Zoo Announcement:

Our Optus Zoo site, mobile site and Optus Now app will be closing on midday 27th March, 2015. From this time all Optus Zoo content services will no longer be available.

You'll still be able to access the content you've downloaded on your device after Optus Zoo closes. If you need to re-download any deleted content, or download them onto a new device there's no change to re-download functionality - just ensure you do this before midday 27th March.

Our self service sites will now be found at optus.com.au - these include My Account, Webmail, Prepaid Recharge and Member Services.

For info on how to access your Webmail check out our post: Link for Webmail

There is also a new content marketplace accessible from the Optus content links on your device. While this isn’t an Optus store, you can click on those links to find out more.

Re: Optus Zoo Closing 27 March, 2015

drewgillespie
Okay, so the phone package that I bought through Optus was sold to me by your own staff advertising Optus Zoo as a major highlight of being apart of the Optus network with free streaming of data for its use. What now will be compensated to Optus customers who are no longer able to use this function which was sold to them as part of the complete package?

PinkenGreen

100% agree

company disrespect of customers is getting so rediculas is not funny. just like the pre-paid . post paid rubbish i found out about AFTER i resigned with optus.

i run a business and have always had post paid plans , but all post paid is now actualy pre paid now even though they profess it to be post,,meaning after, paid account you infact have to pre pay a month in advance which makes it pre paid.

the lies being told by phone companies to get business is nothing short of fraud with a disclaimer to skirt around the you signed the fraudulent advertised contract.

and the constant internet drop outs that are blaimed on MY equipment when you sit here on the net 5-6 hours a day and the modem tells you sorry the internet connection is not there, but they say its there when it isn't.

poor service.

Andy

Hi PinkenGreen, can confirm Post Paid services have a month in advance when you receive your first bill, this has always been the case so your previous plans would have included this too. When you change plans or recontract your previous month in advance is credited back and a new one is applied.

What type of internet do you have with us and when did you last speak to our tech team? We can help follow this up for you.

Doodad64

Hi

I liked the Optus Music Store and was one of the reasons I just recharged my prepaid mobiles.

Is there any way I can use my credit now the store has closed?

I'd like to use it to keep buying music if possible.

Thanks

Martin

Meg

Hi Doodad64

Good to hear you were using the Optus Music store Smiley Happy

Sorry to say that there is no ability to use up any unused Zoo credit now that the Optus Zoo site has closed.

There are heaps of great streaming services available though.

I'd recommend having a look around at alternatives before taking the plunge, but things like Spotify or Pandora are great!

Once you have purchased the songs you can download them for offline play, then you don't need to chew through all of your data to get access to the music you purchase.

Hope this helps on your quest to pump tunes from your phone Smiley Happy

Have a good one!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Doodad64

So Meg just wanting to clarify that Optus has now abolished credit as part of their offering?

My prepaid and postpaid Optus plans now cannot use their credit to purchase content?

If I want to purchase content it's like buying it from any vendor such as iTunes etc where I use my Credit card or Paypal instead of the credit that used to come with my Optus prepaid?

Thanks

Dave

Heya,

Suggest checking out this link. It'll answer any questions you have about this. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
Doodad64

So that seems to say that I can purchase content i.e. music etc through my post paid account and it will appear as an extra charge on my mobile bill. Correct?

Pete

That's correct Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo