Searching...

Re: Optus Webmail SPAM Filter

lethal42

Hi Tasha111

Thats a classic! It'd be REALLY funny, if it was so seriously funny.

You cannot send email to the 'abuse' email address as they are marked spam. Thats the whole point isnt it?

I WAS going to say to Aman B that the abuse address better be prepared to inundated...due to webmail not doing the right this by its customers, or indeed what it was designed to do...but I dont have to now.

BTW I have spoken to a few (inc techs) and got no-where, good luck and let me know if you get any real progress!

How stupid!

regards

Tasha111

Hi @lethal42, I know right...lol...  it is quite funny but it shouldn't be.    

If I get anywhere further with Optus I'll write a post, hopefully it could help all you guys out there also.  

Cheers 

Aman_B

Hey @Tasha111 and @lethal42  you only have to  manually forward the spam email if using other email service.  For Optusnet you just have to click the 'Report Spam' button and this moves/reports the email to our IT team. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

waspo

Ummmm, isn't this what they've already been doing?Smiley Frustrated Sounds like a merry-go-round.

Aman_B

Sorry if you feel like that @waspo. Once the email has been reported it's blocked for sure and this shouldn't happen again. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
lethal42

Aman B,

Waspo feels like what? He is right on the money!

Either someone hasnt read our posts, or so removed from reality, it is not funny.

I (and perhaps tasha111) have reporting these for weeks...and nothing changes?!

This system is not doing what it should (and it should act as per your last post)....but it doesnt.

and what 'other email service' are you refering too? The PC based ones we have HAD to adopt...as optus webmail doesn do what its supposed too?

lethal42

ps and lastly for admins or moderators...getting duplicates emails advises of posts to the 'crowd'...is another example of optus poor tech control....& yes getting a little annoyed at both these, i'll try and moderate....over to your Aman B

Aman_B

Hey @lethal42 you can forward the spam emails to abuse@optusnet.com.au, this is only if you are using non Optus email service (Hotmail, gmail). If you click on "how to report emails" here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/internet-security-phishing-fake-emails-hoax-websites?req... it has the details. alternatively you can also report these at → https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam. 

lethal42

Hey Aman B

I use outlook (part of ms office 2013)..I dont use another server based email app.

Is outlook classed as a 'Non optus email service'?

We have to use mailwasher, spamfighter and other third party apps due to aforementioned 'issues' (discretion used).

- Tasha111 has forward spam email to the abuse email and its been blocked as spam...who's to say i will find any different?

- The other optus link you provided, as you did early, is only interested of the spam asks for personal info.

We are circling....

lethal42

Aman_B

Hey @lethal42, yes outlook is  a Non Optus email service. To report spam from Outlook you just have to follow the below steps: 

Inbox > Right click on the email > Click 'Message Options'

Copy the full header data from your email application and paste it at the top of the suspect email

Forward the email with its headers to abuse@optusnet.com.au.

lethal42

Ok thanks Aman_B

I let you know if i get the same result as Tasha111

see how we go.

lethal42

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
29 Kudos
22 Kudos
19 Kudos
10 Kudos