Searching...

Re: Optus Webmail SPAM Filter

lethal42

Hi Guys and Gals,

No resposne to my last post and it hasnt changed.

The spam filter even when we 'report spam' from similar and same email addresses...continue to come.

This is one of the main funcations of this and indeed of an ISP

What is going on with it? (Or NOT going on)

I am having up to 2-5 a day recently...yes due to a recent earlier erroneous choice...but still no learning its end...so why is it ther again?

lethal42

Toomey

Very bizarre issue you're having there. All I can suggest is to send through your account information in a PM so we can open an IT case for you. Be sure to include your account number, full name and DOB if that's something you would like us to send off.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

lethal42

G'day Toomey,

Once again no advise coming from the crowd regading your post...and although I continue to 'report spam' my post slipped the mind (prioritising)..

Happy to send thru what you speced below and can even give you a snapshot from the spam filter of the optus webmail.

The details I will send now in a PM.

cheers

lethal42

lethal42

Hi again Toomey

Tried to send PM, and got 'failed authentication'.

what does this mean?

Scott_M

@lethal42 not sure what;s happening there. Are you able to PM us via Facebook instead? Quote the thread title 'Optus Webmail SPAM Filter' and we can cross reference.

lethal42

Hi Scott (hope its scott...as I dont see the full response this time).

Thanks for your note.

When you say PM us in facebook...whoi is us...just optus...or yes crowd...or?

cheers

lethal42

Toomey

Hmmm not sure why the PM isn't working on YesCrowd :/

Yes if you head to Facebook and search Optus, you can send a Private Message to us there as well. One of my team will be able to get back to you within an hour.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
lethal42

G'day again Toomey,

All done at FB.

Let us know if you need any more info...and something may even work as expected (?!?!)...as I am NOW getting TWO emailed advise for each post (including my own), and at times...can't log into yes crowd.

'How much can a koala bear?!'

cheers

lethal42

Tasha111

Same thing is happending to me... can someone please help.  I get around 10 anoying spam emails a day and cant get rid of them.   

Hollie

Hey @Tasha111,  unfortunately due to the nature of the spam filter that we use, if you are marking the email as spam, it could be that other users are marking it as ‘Not Spam’.

If this is the case, and no matter how many times you mare the email as spammy, it is still being delivered, we would recommend utilising a third party filter.

These days, most anti-virus products come with an in-built spam filter that can be configured to remove what the OptusNet filter misses.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
19 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
12 Kudos
9 Kudos