I have received numerous spam emails from Mercadojobs alert, same subject , same address. for nearly a month and have reported into the Spam folder.
How long does it take for the system to recognise it has spam and automatically delete? I have reported to ACMA but isn't they system also meant to work after reporting 34 times?
Hi F0708, are you reporting the mail as spam directly via webmail.optusnet.com.au? If you're reporting mail from a certain sender as spam, this should permanently mark all mail from this sender as spam.
Yes I am reporting as SPAM directly via webmail. That's why I gave it the title "Optus Webmail Spam filter". I have reported 47 emails. by opening and clicking on the Spam icon which moves it into the Spam folder. I now have 47 emails in the folder after close to a month. It doesn't work.
Same sender, exactly same subject line each time.
Is it fixable or not?
Hmm, is the email address the same as the one reported as SPAM?
Simple one line questions don't help. Can you expand on what you mean??
I have 47 emails
All of them are from: Mercadojobs Alert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Everyone of them with subject : Australia jobs in Australia: 13 new jobs
Is there a fix. I open the email, I click the SPAM icon, it goes in the SPAM folder and accumulates. It is not filtered automatically. Please respond .
Thanks for clarifying, I was wanting to make sure that they SPAMMER wasn't emailing you from different email address 😕 We'll need to investigate further into this, I've just sent you a PM.
I have solved this myself, no help from Optus
1. Reporting the particular emails as SPAM within webmail has no impact.
2. I set up to access and synchronize via Outlook, believing I could set up rule to automatically delete the annoying email.
3. When the problem email was viewed via Outlook a hyperlink becomes available which allowed me to stop the emails. This link is not available when viewing webmail via a browser. Whether that's something to do with the browser setup I'm not sure.
3. Ringing Customer support is a very negative experience. 30 mins to have someone suggest ACMA doesn't answer my specific query as to why SPAM doesn't work within Webmail.
4. The web site suggested by the moderator to allow someone to contact me from Optus. 4 days and still waiting.
I'm really sorry to hear that we weren't able to help resolve that spam issue before you found a solution yourself F0708 😞
I've worked in Tech Support for 4 years before joining the Social team this week and that's the first time I've heard of a hyperlink not working in Webmail. I'll bring it to the attention of our Webmail team in case it's a glitch in the new platform. Thanks for letting us know!
Read the post and associated ones, and have similar issue.
The same TWO email addresses have been spamming me for months (usually daily).
When I see it in mailwasher. I go optus webmail and 'report spam'. However like F0708, this seems to have little impact.
Disappoitng and needless time expense
Whats its purpose then...if it has one?
How disappointing that the above post (mine) was not replied too or acknowledged.
How disappointing that loging into the 'yes crowd' cannot use the old forum login details (does not recognise).
How disappointing that the originatr of this post had to find their own workaround as the webmai spam folder did not learn...and IS NOT LEARNING NOW...as I am getting a fresh set of spam from the same email addresses.