Searching...

Re: Optus Webmail SPAM Filter

[ Edited ]
lethal42

How disapppointing that Optus Spam Web filter (or whatever you would like to call it), clearly isnt up to the job is is applied or set for.

It should be customisable for customers...or at least have a individ focus.

Hollie's post was simply flagging a compromise situation for a process that doesnt work as intended for any of us.

Nothing else can be said, or mitigated

Tasha111

Hi Holly, 

thanks and I totally understand what your saying, but its of no help to me at all.  Optus need to work it out to help their customers.   I have a new Mac computer with all the latest upgrades and software antivirus installed and it still does it.   

Could you please suggest something to get rid of this problem?

Thanks 

Highlighted

waspo

I'm started to have the same problem with spam emails slipping through so I just downloaded a spamfilter which intergrates with a number of email programs such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail (which I use). It is called Spamfighter. It is free but you can purchase the pro version for AU$29. Does a pretty good job! Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
lethal42

Thats really great waspo.

I may revisit that app/program.

The real issue is...we have a facility at SERVER level which clearly does NOT do it job, and does NOT act as its could/should be designed.

If it worked at server level it would be efficient and save many users having to go the extra step.

Waspo, myself and others are having to download third party apps/program to attend to this locally. Poor show Optus!

Over recent times I have recieved (webmail has let thru) 4-6 spam emails a day..even from a common email address!

I have had discussions with (alleged) optus techs, email communication and nothing is envisaged to change.

Continually annoying.

We soldier on....until something changes

waspo

Yeah, I can understand your disappointment mate. I wish Optus would intergrate a similar system that these third party company's are able to do, then we wouldn't have to pay any extra and reap the benefits.

Actually, Spamfighter is an annual fee of AU$29 which kind of sucks. It's a great progam though! But, I'll see how it goes once the 10 day trial drops back to standard version. (only 5 address' allowed in blacklist/whitelist) I'll still keep looking around.

Aman_B

Hey @lethal42, apologies for the inconvenience caused. We've some reports of the Spam emails and our IT team is working on these. I'd also recommend reporting the emails here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/internet-security-phishing-fake-emails-hoax-websites?req...

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

lethal42

Thanks Aman B,

I hope some progress occurs soon.

In regard to 'reporting' emails (apart from the webmail action I oh so famailar with), the page from your link (mainly acts as a page for info only)...& asks for emails to be reported of suspect nature, where personal information is requested.

This narrow focus dont apply to myself.

and waspo...got it in one...disappointing when things dont work as planned!

In the interim (have got sick of 'report spam' in webmail and got no change), i AM using mailwasher...which doesnt bounce (thankfully), only deletes...so no-one is learning.

Would not be the case if (again) webmail fulfilled its charter

regards

Aman_B

Totally understand your frustrations @lethal42. Our IT team is working on these spam emails and is blocking as soon as they receive reports from us or from customers through the Optusnet Email. Alternatively you can also forward these emails to abuse@optusnet.com.au.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Tasha111

Thanks @waspo, this program "Spamfilter" is great advice and I may be forced to pay for it if Optus cannot help.    

@Aman_B, I feel the same as @lethal42

Tasha111

@Aman_B  Hello again..... I just tried to send the spam emails to "abuse@optus.com.au" and it wont allow it to be sent because its spam.   

Is there anything else that can be done?   Is there a direct line I can call to speak to someone who works at Optus about this problem?

thanks Aman

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos