cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Jodieleehart
New Contributor

Optus Sim Card activation website not working

Hello everyone I am new on here and am absolutely in shock that I went to the Optus Activate Sim website as per my new sim card instructions and the website is telling me 

We're a bit busy right now

Come back soon and everything should be back to normal. 

I really desperately need a new sim activated as I am having trouble with my old number and need to cancel the number immediately and get my new number activated I was trying to get the new number before canceing my mobile number I am having alot of trouble with. Would anyone know why Optus has shut down this important service of activation. I have called the Optus team in Sales and Also Technical Support and they tell me I should be getting an error message and they Dont know why it's been closed and I am getting the 

We're a bit busy right now. (meesage) on the website. All the optus team will say in a vague we don't know when it will be operating as normal again and it may be 8am tomorrow and they cannot help on the phone either with activation yet the optus customer service representative when you go through the options tells you to wait in the line we will help you shortly with your sim activation and puts you through to the activation team so I thought if there is any issues wouldn't the automated service let me know before I wait on hold , but again the optus team member was so vague and I hate to say it but was ignoring me and I still don't know why. I am worried if I don't get this sim activated tonight that I am really going to have alot of trouble in my personal life sorry to bring that up but I don't want to get personal and tell you my life story just that I really do need this optus Sim activated, is there any other way I can do it. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus Sim Card activation website not working

If you couldn't activate it on the website, then I'm sure the chat team would have done it for you. As they are empowered to do this. 

The difficulty of trying to activate on a Saturday night, is when they often do system maintenance, so you probably were trying to activate during that time (which also kind of ruins my first comments). The staff cant tell you when it'll be back as they don't know until the system team tell them its back.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus Sim Card activation website not working

Hi Jodie, sorry to hear about the problems that you've been having trying to get the SIM activated 😞 As Jeneral_Pain mentioned you're able to do this via live chat, were you able to get connected? I've had a look at the activation portal and seems to be up and running now. Please let me know how it went. 

0 Kudos