Searching...

Optus SUCKS

praxidice

Optus is quite obviously intent on gaining a Guinness Book of Records entry for the most abysmally poor customer service in recorded history. Not only is there no possible way to contact any store, filing a complaint about the completely borked excuse for customer service, or for that matter, anyone within Australia, but the filipino call centre staff are incable of accessing information needed to answer a very simple question. 

I posted an enquiry on this demonstrably dysfunctional forum regarding difficulty making sense of an online order for a mobile phone, and received responses crapping on about a NBN wireless probem. Seems the forum is just as broken as everything else to do with Optus. Tonight I got another email demanding that I close my complaint since it has been 'answered' with a response so unbelievably moronic that it does not warrant a response !!!!

What imbecile decides that potential customers cannot phone a so-called customer service centre ? Visiting on of those places would involved wasting half a day, something I refuse to do. Then there is the call centre which takes the cake for the worst I've ever encountered (and call centres in the Phillipines have always been an exercise in frustration).  Someone suggested 'that is the way Optus does business'. Well that may well be, but I can assure the lunatics responsible that it is **NOT** the way I do business.  

Be assured that I will notify every person I know regarding my experience with Optus, with a view to costing this uber-despicable company as much lost business as I can arrange. No company with such adespicable attitude deserves to be in business and I will do everything in my power to ensure Optus does not remain in business. Company directors can stick their stupid company where the sun doesn't shine !!!!!

Re: Optus SUCKS

petergdownload

Are you sure it was this forum? You don't appear to have made any posts asking for help with billing.

Peter Gillespie 

praxidice

Quitre frankly I haven't an idea where my original complaint was posted other than somewhere in this forum, which is every bit as borked as everything else connected with Optus.  What is this mob on about anyway ? Everything is as close to impossible as the clowns could make it. My password keeps getting mangled and when I get a replacement, the login goes to somewhere distant from the messages.  Thankfully I don't need to rely on such a poor excuse for a telco, at least some of the re-sellers have some concept of customer service and even Tel$tra is light years ahead of Optus these days.  Maybe even the disaster of all disasters Vodafail is better !!!!

I still haven't been able to get any sense out of anyone regarding an online order for a mobile phone. The filipinos admit they don't have a clue (normal for them) and the only person here who proposed a solution was clearly smoking something illegal as he was on about fixed wireless NBN ..... dunno what connection fixed wireless NBN has with an online order for a mobile phone !!!!!

Ray_YC

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.   

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

TED99

I have been trying to find out why they are charging $85- per month for a $70- contract.

I even went into the store at north lakes and spoke to DANA  . She tried to ring and could not get through.

Its a 60 min delay and said she was not allowed to wait on phone

Should be a Government enquiry into there service and the right to operate in Australia cancelled.

My problem goes back 3 months and have got  sweet F.. All

petergdownload

It is lamentable that Optus seems to have such difficulty with what really is a simple aspect of their core business. I'm assuming you don't even have a good record of the $70 plan you are on? Optus generally don't provide any concrete confirmation of the deals they have entered into. Even in MYACCOUNT the links are to CIS summaries which are generic documents covering a range of different plans. They specifically exclude any 'specials' that might be applied, which given just about every Optus plan these days is a 'special', makes them fairly useless. 

Anyway, I would suggest taking the emotion (and time wasting) out of it. Write a letter asking what you need. Request the $15 amounts that should be refunded. Post it off. You should get a reply and a reference number back in two weeks. Hopefully that sorts it. If not then the send the letter to the TIO (who looks into contractual irregularlies) and they can ask on your behalf (again should involve minimal effort).

You could also try the Facebook etc. options above?

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie 

Ray_YC

Hi @TED99,

We answered your post about a week ago that it is likely due to your first pro-rated bill. Have you looked at the itemised charges for the plan on the bill? What dates does it show? Are they for more than a full month? e.g. $15 for March 22nd - April 2nd & $70 for April 3rd - May 2nd?

You mentioned your problem goes back 3 months... was it just the first bill that was $85 or every bill is $85?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos