cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor macy517
Occasional Contributor

Optus Perks at Hoyts with recliners

My nearest Hoyts theatre has the new recliner seats, which is great.  But, Optus Perks tickets for Hoyts cinemas with recliner seats now attract an extra $3 per ticket (whether adult or child)   Why does Optus Perks charge me more for this when Hoyts do not charge their everyday customers any more for their tickets at these cinemas???

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JustinB
Blog Author

Re: Optus Perks at Hoyts with recliners

Hi macy517,

Thanks for your question,

Optus Perks customers who purchase tickets to see a movie in a HOYTS reclining cinema will be charged an additional $3 per ticket, applicable from 27 June, 2016. This means the cost of the ticket will be $14 for adults and $11.50 for kids. This is an additional cost and only applies to specific cinemas where recliner seats are available.

The price for Perks tickets to recliner cinemas has been revised and HOYTS has applied the additional $3 charge. It's still a great offer for Optus Perks customers with a significant discount to standard ticket prices.

For more information please visit https://www.optusperks.com.au/About

Hope this answers your question.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor macy517
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I can see that, but why?  When they don't charge any more for normal priced tickets at recliner seat cinemas??  Or is this a question I need to be asking of Hoyts?

0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Hi macy,

Yes as mentioned Hoyts has applied the $3 additional change, perhaps following up with Hoyts if you want further information.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor bbbbazza
New Contributor

This is crazy, i haven't used my optus perks in a while. i now go to book some tickets, and my local Hoyts cinema only has reclining seats. So all tickets are $15($11.50 tickets and $3.50 surcharge), which is only $2 less than the public price of $17. not really a "substantial" saving. An Event cinema is closer so i'll be going there instead of driving 20 mintues to save $2.50 per ticket(Event are $17.50/ticket).

New Contributor Rodwell
New Contributor

Totally agree, this discount used to be great but now is is a joke. I just looked up prices for Tuesday in stafford with reclining seats and it's $15.50 a ticket via Optus rewards and $12 if you book without Optus. So the reward is $3.50 price increase over the standard price. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Thanks for taking the time to pass on this feedback @Rodwell

I'll raise your concerns with our Perks team to get this confirmed. Without any official word, I would have to guess that Tuesday are consider "Super Tuesday" → http://www.hoyts.com.au/offers_and_events/offers/super_tuesday.aspx and therefore the price was cheaper then our Perk tickets. 

To be sure though, I'm happy to confirm with our Perks team.

Cheers, 

0 Kudos
New Contributor codral
New Contributor

Any word on this?

Since this topic was created the Optus Perks have become even more worthless: a free Hoytz Bronze membership gives you a ticket price of $16.00 on all tickets, the Optus Perks offer is $15.50 so it's hardly a perk now, 

Cheers,

KG

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

@codral - We work in conjunction with the vendor to provide some extra value and benefits for our customer loyalty program. We do our best to ensure that our perks have value to our customers - we'll pass your feedback on to your marketing team regarding the similarity of our discount to their discounted price and I hope we're able to bring you perks in the future that provide you more of a benefit.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors