cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor alanaroseolivia
New Contributor

Online order delivery

My boyfriend placed an online order and it’s currentky on its way and being delivered. 

He works 6 days a week, 9-5, & was wondering if he is the only one that can sign for the package when it arrives or is some one else able to? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Online order delivery

You can try have someone else there with an authorisation note / his licence etc. and the delivery guy might break the rules. But in general the person ordering the phone needs to be the one to pick it up. He might just need to be at the depo its sent to at 9am and get into work an hour late one morning.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Geez, poor bloke is overworked!

If undeliverable a card is usually left to pick it up from the Post Office.

Based on what you described that doesn't sound like a great option either and they're unlikely to break any rules.

At least that way he can be there 9am and head to work after who are hopefully understanding, especially if the phone is for or helps with work.

P.S. That appeared to be your 2000th post, Peter?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Ray_YC ,

2001st actually Smiley Happy. Coincidentally got a post officially deleted for the first time today (All good btw). 

I'm a little embarrassed to say my first thought was that seems a bit low. I checked the stats and apparently I'm actually closing in on 8000 posts. So I think the deleted post might have screwed up the counter somehow.

Don't worry about fixing it though.

Peter Gillespie 

PS Yep seems 2000 is my upper limit now. It does raise that old philosophical conundrum: If a Tree posts a response to the Optus Yes Forrest but the post count does not increase by 1, does the post exist?

PPS I do like round numbers (and I would also look forward to being congratulated on my 2000th post several times a day) Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

As soon as I posted that I thought to myself, hold on, that doesn't sound right, I'm sure he's done more than that!

I know you're not fussed but I'll find out why it's seemingly capped at that number as it shows for myself and the other usual suspects on here too.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos