The new look is very snazzy with some nice touches - kudos to the tech guys. I had three initial feedback suggestions
1) the mail and notification icons at the top show total items received over all time. Not a very helpful number. Perhaps they should show the unread count instead?
2) on the mobile phone view the poster avatar is way too dominant. Each thread 'panel' takes up almost an entire phone screen so you lose that sense of a list. Flick between deaktop and mobile views to see what I mean.
3) there is still the ' bug' on mobile view when you relocate the cursor once you have typed in more than one page with of text. The input but jumps the text back to the first line and you have to scroll down to where you actually want to edit text. Let me know if that description doesn't make sense.
PS great that photos and links are now instable in the mobile view (note to perhaps make emoji selection list bigger as they look tiny on my pixel)
PPS going to have to get used to not inserting a new line after every paragraph now
Some other thoughts:
4) the top banner on mobile phone view is very small and tight for big fingers (home icon) perhaps bring in line with other elements?
5) TOPIC OPTIONS seems to have all options except EDIT POST which is hidden in a second drop down. Perhaps get rid of second dropdown? Also not sure why CURRENT USER needs to be mention in the menu?
Thanks for the feedback, Peter
We're still currently in the final stages of testing.
We'll review what you have picked up on and see if they can be implemented.
I still have the issue where it keeps logging me out even though keep me logged in is ticked.
Not device based nor browser based as it happened on my note 8 with chrome and now on safari with iphone 11.
Hi @Dan_C ,
Something for the pedant in me. Not sure if someone has access to the post database but if they do they could try do a global search and replace for double new line to single new line.
Currently all old posts have paragraph gaps that look like this.
@Paddylee somthing wrong with the chat formatting. Only two lines of the signature are shown in any orientation (you get more on landscape but it still cuts off after two lines are displayed.)
Probably not an issue on the big screen but not on the phone.