Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Occasional Contributor mickymagoo
Occasional Contributor

New User Error logging in: Sm_Api_Reason_ImmedPWChangeRequired

Trying to set up access to My Account.

When entering in my username / password when logging into My Account I receive the error;

Sm_Api_Reason_ImmedPWChangeRequired

I have spoken and online chatted to various operators. Their only solution seems to be to reset the password, this fails every time. I have the ability to reset the password myself, the same error message appears.

I was advised that I should wait and the matter should resolve itself, but I figure this was just a technique to get me off the phone.

Your operators should also be reminded that they shouldn't be asking people for passwords. This has been asked of me on two separate occasions. In the automated emails from Optus advising temporary passwords the following is clearly stated (I would also think this would be common sense not to ask):

"NEVER give your Optus password to anyone, including Optus employees".

I have also tried resetting cookies, using different browsers, different computers/Idevices with the same results.

Any help that can be provided would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New User Error logging in: Sm_Api_Reason_ImmedPWChangeRequired

There is good chance what they are saying is true as most things password related don't like to be hit up multiple times and may need time to reset. I get what you are saying about providing passwords to Optus staff however if you contacted them via an official path I would say it's less likely that something would go wrong. You could always change your password once this all gets sorted.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

So given the YesCrowd and My account user logins are linked, why can I log in to YesCrowd with a username and password yet receive the error referred to above when trying to log into My Account with the same details?

If I hit up the My Account link through YesCrowd I get sent back to optus.com.au and logged out although it does cycle through some type of log on process for a little while before it times out. I still think it is more than a wait for the password to reset itself solution.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @mickymagoo - Really sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Have you tried clearing your cache and or using a different browser? Once your password has been reset you shouldn't have top change it every time. If this doesn't he;[ then  I'd recommend un-linking your Optus account and then link it again . This will basically refresh your account settings.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes I have tried different browsers, cleared cache.

How do I unlink my account when I can’t log in??

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

There has been on-going maintenance with My Account over the last few days, but issues should only be intermittent. Send me a private message with your account number, full name, DOB and login email. I'll change same of your profile settings until we get this sorted for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

XXXXX By Admin

0 Kudos
New Contributor mickymagoo1
New Contributor

The team managed to sort it out, not sure how as I can’t access my previous yes crowd account to view the last private message sent to me which isn’t the end of the world.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @mickymagoo1 - You were chatting to me earlier. Thanks for the update regarding your My Account.  Please let me know if you need a hand with anything else. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors