cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor alfabeck
Occasional Contributor

MyAccount, new version

Optus is to be congratulated for finally, at long last, providing a new MyAccount as replacement for the painfully decrepit old version. 

However, you’re not there yet, guys: I’ve encountered numerous bugs/design errors. My experience below has been gained as a Mobile Broadband User with a Data SIM Plan.

My biggest gripe is the counting of days during the billing cycle. My cycle begins on the 17th of the month and lasts until the 16th of the next month. That’s the way it’s been for years and continues to be so - that was confirmed recently by an agent during an online chat. However today, the 31st July, on the Welcome page it is stated that my unused GB are available until 15 August and that there are 17 days left in the billing cycle! The title of the usage graphic is “16Jul - today” where it should be “17 Jul - yesterday” in my opinion. It gets worse on the ‘View Details’ page (a better title for the page would be ‘View Daily Usage’ ) where the days and corresponding usage are listed vertically, (unfortunately with the most recent at the top!) with16 July at the bottom (should be 17 July) and the most recent, “30 July”, which seems to be today, 31 July. Getting the arithmetic right shouldn’t be such a big deal, but Optus Quality Control has failed miserably here. 

An easier-to-describe bug is on the View Profile page. Click the ‘CONTRACTS’ tab near the top and a list of contracts is shown below. I have two contracts. I click on the ‘View’ or ‘Download’ link for my first contract and the contract is displayed for browsing or downloading. So far so good. However there is no corresponding action behind the links for the second contract. The function seems to have been tested with a list size of only one!

I could go on, but won’t. Could one of the insiders here take on this matter so that MyAccount, which now shows much potential, matures into a quality service. I’m willing to help as a Beta-Tester if you so desire.  

Regards, 

Alfabeck

5 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: MyAccount, new version

The way you navigate the site is ridiculous in my opinion. I have the same errors as you and as much as I would like to say something positive about the new design I simply find nothing worth praising.

Occasional Contributor Adza
Occasional Contributor

Wow. This new online account is appalingly bad. My services don't appear correctly, information is half missing, and clicking between menu items seems to take a minimum of half a minute before it loads.

Oh and I agree, the navigation is woeful.

Yes, it's really that bad. I'd really like to see if they followed a user-design approach and who it was tested with.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm one link on an otherwise empty page. I wonder where it goes. Smiley LOL

something-missing.jpg

in-my-life.jpg

Occasional Contributor alfabeck
Occasional Contributor

Apart from the supportive reactions from Yeldarb and Adza (thanks guys!) there has been zero response to my post “MyAccount, new version”. At the least I would have expected some comments from the Yes Crowd Moderators and that some IT Tickets would have been opened. I would also have appreciated some opposition to my criticism. 

All this tells me that a culture of poor-quality user-facing systems has established itself in Optus and that simply no-one cares! That's extremely dangerous because the trend is almost impossible to reverse. I’m not blaming the system developers: I realise how incredibly demanding that job is. More likely the budgets for developing and maintaining systems are too meagre. 

After several decades of career experience consulting to various European telcos, I believe I know what I’m talking about. 

Like most of us here, I guess I’m here because of the attractive rates offered by Optus. If that necessarily results in a terrible user experience then so be it. But it doesn’t! Look at some of the Optus resellers with quite useable Customer Service and MyAccount equivalents. 

This experience of mine also casts a shadow over Yes Crowd itself. If this blog doesn’t provide an interface between users and systems developers / service designers, what is it here for?

Regards, 

Alfabeck

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @alfabeck - Sorry to hear that you've had issues with My account. We do take your feedback and will pass this onto our IT team and also the My Account/App  developers and thanks for offering your services as a beta tester. If there's anything regarding this, we'll let you know here. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos