Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor DJB72
New Contributor

My Optus App and Website Issues

Hello. We are experiencing a few different issues and wondering if anyone has answers for these.

Firstly, we cannot see usage data or invoices through the Optus website. We get a message when logging in saying "Some information on this page is not available at the moment. Please try again later."

In trying to save time in dealing with this, we recently  tried to request authorisation for me (husband of the account holder) to access the account/be able to contact Optus for help.

Despite receiving email for verification to then be granted access by the account holder, clicking that email link/SMS message re-directed us to the My Optus App on our mobile phones or the website.

Given there were no pending notifications or any information shown on the website for this request, we could not proceed to authorise my access that way.

We then tried using the My Optus App to do this, but it redirected us to logging in via the website.

We also wanted to try and view our next invoice, as we had not received this via email but via postal service last week - even though the website settings list under Notifications a selected preference to receive invoices via our email address, which remains unchanged.

Despite each of us using the My Optus App to view the invoice, even my wife, as the account holder, when attempting this option, received this message on the app - "My Account not linked. These My Account details aren't linked to this SIM so you won't be able to view the details of this mobile service."

This seems ridiculous as we have updated our account due to switching over to NBN internet in recent months. As such, our internet and mobile phone charges are all combined under one invoice/account number now - so how can it be that both our mobile phones cannot access the invoice information/other services via the My Optus App? Surely there is a way this can be updated/rectified.

If anyone can advise us on the above issues it would be greatly appreciated. If we need to send a private message or speak to Customer Service to get these issues resolved, then we're of course more than fine to do so.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: My Optus App and Website Issues

Hi DJB72,

Thanks for raising this issue. It does sound very frustrating.

Thank you also for explaining it in great detail. 

It sounds like you may be part of a group of some customers who are currently unable to see their usage. This is something that is being worked on.

My suggestion would be to leave Optus a message to tidy up the other issues. You can pretty much copy and paste your original post here and a customer care representative will get back to you. 

Please let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor DJB72
New Contributor

Hi Ray, Thanks very much for your reply, it is appreciated.

I will message Optus re: the account verification and access issue.

I've read a number of comments also about others having the issue with not seeing usage on the website.

Will advise if I get the other issues resolved.
New Contributor DJB72
New Contributor

Hi Ray,
Just wanted to say thanks for your suggestion to use messaging option, we got the usage and account issues resolved overnight, thanks again.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Brilliant!

Glad to have played a small part in getting the issue resolved, thanks very much for returning to Yes Crowd to let us know. 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos