cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor CJ1993
New Contributor

My Optus App - System Unavailable Error

Looking to get some help on an issue with the My Optis App. Have had this problem now for the duration of my optus contract (14 months into 24 month plan) . 

When downloading the My Optus App onto iPhone 6s Plus, receive the 4 digit code, apply it, then receive a orange/red error message stating "System Unavailable. We're having technical difficulties right now. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again later." 

iPhone is up to date, have tried multiple times deleting/ re-installing the app, turning off/on the phone, connecting to wifi/ using cellular data but to no effect. Have resorted to just using a safari bookmark onto home screen for an attempt a quick access to my optus account details. 

Would like answers/ help on this please.

Thanks,

CJ

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: My Optus App - System Unavailable Error

@CJ1993, certainly a bit frustrating CJ 😞 

In the past we did used to advise customers to clear the applications cookies/cache. I'm not sure if it still works after the latest iOS update but it might still be worth a shot.

1. Open iPhone notes

2. Type myoptus://clear and then click Done

3. Click on the link that appears in iPhone notes

4. Uninstall the My Optus app & restart the phone

5. Reinstall My Optus app using Mobile DATA only

Let us know how you go. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor CJ1993
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. The above instructions do not provide a hyperlink in the notes app with numerous tries. Googling this show multiple people could not get the hyperlink to work.

Any help for the next step? 

CJ 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hmm our only option from here would be to raise an IT Case for investigation.

Please send me a private message with the below information and I'll send it off...

Name:

Number:

DOB:

Phone Make/Model:

OS Version:

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor RonB
Occasional Contributor

Hi CJ,

Any luck? I also have the same problem as yours. I have an iPhone 6S Plus and it also said "system unavailable". The notepad thing does not provide any link as well. Strange, coz on my other iPhone 6, the app works fine. Could it be the problem is specific to 6S Plus?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@RonB, I've replied back to your post on  thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Apple/iPhone-X-app-not-updating-usage/m-p/408755#M10511

Chat with you there. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors