Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Outburst
New Contributor

Modem password

I am trying to access the management page on my wireless 4G modem (Huawei E5377) but at some stage in the past I have changed the password from the default and forgotten it. Is there some way to reset the password? I have tried the reset button on the modem but that didn't reset the management password.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Modem password

Hi @Outburst,

If you've previously changed the password and forgotten it, you'll need to perform a factory reset of your modem / router and then use the default passwords / usernames below to have access.

• Default username: admin
  • Default password: admin
New Contributor Outburst
New Contributor

That worked, thank you. I was using the wrong default password after I reset it.

0 Kudos
New Contributor kric86
New Contributor

Hi, I have had the same issue where i have obviously changed the password in the past and have forgotten it. I have tried accessing by using username: admin password: admin but no such luck!

I have reset the actual modem, but how do i restore to default setting without logging in?? 

Help!!! Im so confused! 

TIA 🙂

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

What sort of modem are we talking here @kric86?

Is that a mobile broadband modem, or a Fixed broadband modem, for example our Sagemcom F@st 3864 (NBN & ADSL services). 

Depending on the make and model, this may differ between devices. You could try the below:

Username: Admin

Password: Password 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos