Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Killerkoala
New Contributor

Missed Call Service

Hi, I'm trying to set up Missed Call Service on my S8. (I've been using it for years, for free, and since replacing my phone, insurance s8-s8, a couple of months ago it reverted back to having to call voicemail. I've spoken to customer care a couple of times and the last time was told, for the first time, that I'll be charged $4.99/month to use it! Never paid for it in the past). I've read I need to login to my account > settings. I've been all over the My Optus app and logged in online but 'settings' does does not appear, and I've tried many routes! Online, the site that opens is over 10 years old, as there's a message about a service in Qld ending in August 2009!!?? It lists New Handsets as iphone 5 and Samsung GS4!  I click on the link for my account but it's a dead end. 

This seems to be a standard on Optus sites, dead links 

I've turned it on using 159 but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Missed Call Service

Hi killerkoala (one of my favourite usernames that I have seen lately),

Missed Call Service is free, sounds like there was a misunderstanding and you were quoted the Voice to Text service.

I'm not sure why 159 isn't working, that is the right way. Did you try calling 159 or sending a text "on" to 159? Both?

I didn't know this was a requirement until I read the link above, are you able to send/receive MMS from your S8?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos