Searching...
Highlighted

Message notification email doesn't have a link to the message

BenCBR

Just noticed that when you receive an email notifying you of a message on the forum, there's no link in the email to actually go to the message. The best you have is a link to the profile settings.

Re: Message notification email doesn't have a link to the message

Davelew

Hi

Is the notification email with regards to a private message? If so the link to the profile is for you to login to your user account as this is the only way you can view private messages.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BenCBR

Hi Dave, yes it is, but it still doesn't have a link to the message.

So to read a PM, I have to click a link that:

- if I'm logged out, sends me to the login page, then when logged in it goes to the forum home

- if I'm already logged in, sends me to my settings page

Neither of these is an efficient way for me to read my message.

But then, whenever I login, my browser is sent to the forum homepage, even when I'm replying to a message.

Davelew

Hi

When you have signed into your user account, click your user name, you will then see you have a message, click on the message notification and you can read your message.

To reply, click on reply on that message.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BenCBR

Thanks Dave, I know how to do it, just trying to flag the problem to someone with the ability/interest to implement change.

Davelew

Hi

Interesting thoughts.

Are you happy that you should be able to go straight to private messages without login into your user account? Wouldn't this be like having an email with a message to a link to your account from your bank and not having to login.

My thoughts are that often PMs from Optus include confidential information, account nos dates of birth etc.

Interested in your views.

Dave

BenCBR

No, not at all, but if you're logged in then you've already authenticated and all's well with the world. If you haven't authenticated though, the forum still asks you for your login details, but then takes you straight to your messages if the details are correct.

I'd recommend having a play with this yourself. Log out, then using your email notifications see how it easy it is to go to your messages. Log out again and via an email, go to a post that you're having a conversation on (such as this one). And then for fun, log out again and go into a post (like this one), click on reply, login and see where it takes you.

Cheers,

Ben

Davelew

I've never really thought it a problem but take your point.  Perhaps because I spend more time than most of this forum. Interested if others post their thoughts.

BenCBR

Yeah could well be, especially if you're always logged in and have shortcuts all over the place Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos