cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor NicciR
Occasional Contributor

MIA Live Sphere

I have been charged $14:90 for something I didn’t subscribe too! How do I get a refund? Optus is to busy to chat!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: MIA Live Sphere

Hey @NicciR, thanks for reaching out. I've copied a response I'd posted from a similar thread. Hopefully it's of some use to you. 

We do understand the concern and changes are being made in response to customer feedback. I'd suggest checking out the following threads. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Optus-Postpaid-and/...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Home-Wireless/ba-p/...

For the moment, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobiYou'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.

If you need us to follow up on your refund, message us back here and we'll gladly help out

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Dan, I ended managing to get a hold of someone on Optus live chat, this person told me he would bar the premium content (don’t really understand what this content is or what is was I was supposed to be getting for $14:90). I was also told that Mia Sphere Live would be in contact with me within 2-3 business days, I do wonder if this was actioned or if any one will contact me, as I received no email to say I had even had this conversation.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I also note that there was no comment on the extremely poor broadband internet speed, at times so bad I have to resort to using my mobile phone data, costing me more in mobile data usage.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, I didn't mean to skim over that @NicciR, this was the first thread I saw under your handle. Which Network did we have you running on? Have we ever generated a fault reference in the past for you? If you could send that through, that'd be really handy. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes we have complained & had a line check done twice, still have the same issues; I don’t have the info on hand. What I would like is for someone to verify that my extended live chat on Thursday has been actioned & someone will in fact be chasing up a charge I never subscribed too.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're more than welcome to send us a private message. We need your full name, DOB and account number. I'll take a look into both the internet and PSMS charges. 

0 Kudos