Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Logging onto myaccount have been presented with another person's account

Hi,

Logging onto myaccount this morning with usual email and password, I am presented with another person's account (with a single pre-paid service linked).  My 3 mobile services are not listed.

If you are an Optus customer, your first name is David and your phone number ends in ...5024 then I may be looking at your optus account.  Let me know if you're able to see mine (ends with ..748) when you login.

If I choose the 'forgot password' option for myaccount I am asked for DOB.  When I put my DOB in it indicates it is incorrect.  So this would appear to suggest my optus account has been linked to a different name and DOB.  I can still login.

I've described the problem to Optus phone support and have been waiting on hold for 30 minutes now to speak to a manager/supervisor.

1. How can my email and password be linked to another person's Optus pre-paid mobile service?

2. Conversely, is someone else logging in to myaccount and seeing my optus account details?

3. Is this a technical error or is someone in the process of changing ownership in order to hijack my mobile service?

4. If a technical issue is it impacting more people?

5. Anyone else experienced the same?

6. Can someone from optus please contact me ASAP to assist in resolving this problem.  I need to enable global roaming for a flight today, so would like to sort this out and do it online, or via phone if need be.

Somewhat concerned.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Logging onto myaccount have been presented with another person's account

Hi there, thanks very much for bringing this to our attention. I'm really sorry for both the problem at the trouble you've had trying to get a hand. This may relate to an error on our end where the incorrect profile has been updated, not necessarily a scenario where the other customer is viewing your details. Could you please send me a PM with your full name, number and DOB? I'll get roaming switched on and follow up on the My Account issue

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, issue sorted via phone support.  When logging in now I can see my details again.

It was explained as an 'IT issue'.  I recommend you don't change the association between your billing system account and the account you display when using myaccount - for any reason.

0 Kudos

I'm really glad to hear it's been resolved, whilst these occurrences aren't a regular thing, I do appreciate your concern. I also agree it shouldn't happen. My sincere apologies for that. Have a safe trip!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos