Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Live Chat transcripts

Kerri_R

I am just wondering if there was a way to view/obtain a transcript of a conversation that I had via live chat with an agent (of whose name I can no remember). I asked for a service to be added to my new mobile plan, which was not completed and now Optus are refusing to add the service as it "wasn't added at time of purchase", which it clearly was in the transcript.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Solution

Re: Live Chat transcripts

petergdownload

Any LiveChat that results in a sale should be kept by Optus. I think they keep them all though. They do also keep phone recordings.

If you have the Date and Time of the chat then you could request they provide you with a copy. Have you tried asking directly for a copy? You could also ask if any Live Chat link is in your file as part of the contractual process? i.e. a link to the relevant chat?

Failing that it might just be a salutory lesson. Where contracts and money are concerned you should copy paste the relevent text etc. Not sure how much it can do in the end but its better than relying on memory.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

Kerri_R

Hi Peter.

I am currently in a battle with Optus ha-ha. I just find it bizarre that in 2018 with the technology that we have, a conversation via a live chat function is not saved somewhere.

Unfortunately for me, I did actually print the transcript for this very reason, however, after cleaning up my desk just last week, the chat was accidentally misplaced in the shredding which I obviously cannot retrieve. I didn’t realise that once you print a transcript, the window closes and you cannot SAVE the chat (lesson learnt for that).

I agree with you where money/contracts are concerned, I always go into a store. In this case, I did go into a store but the plan they suggested was an “online only” deal so that’s why I had to sign up online. I did my due diligence to make sure everything would be the same as my old plan, just upgraded and I was assured “everything will be transferred”, so I went ahead with the sale/purchase of a new phone. Boy how wrong was this. My insurance didn’t come across and now they won’t honour it. If I opt out, I have to pay $1200, so it’s a loose loose for me right now.

I have been with Optus for well over 14 years and I have had insurance with every single phone, and I did advise the agent I was going overseas and insurance was imperative, so as you can imagine, I am not a happy camper.

Thank you for reaching out Smiley Happy

Shauna

Hey @Kerri_R - providing the chat was in the last 3 months, we should be able to obtain a copy.

Can you please confirm your  account number, full name & DOB via PM?

We'll also need the date of the chat, approx time, what was discussed and any account numbers you provided the chat rep. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

tonymy01

I just had 2 live chat conversations (about an hour apart), and chose the option at the end to provide feedback and email the transcript (where I provided one of my optusnet email addresses), and this appears to be broken, I have not received an email for either conversation.    Not too happy about this as the first chat they provided me a case reference number etc, I (wrongly) assumed I would be emailed and/or SMS at least the case number (I have both mobile & broadband accounts so have both Optus email & Optus mobile#), but emailing the chat transcript was meant to be a fallback, and got nothing.   Took a bit of chatting (maybe to a bot?) for the 2nd conversation to convince them to look at the previous chat from 1hour before for details (and I asked them for the reference # & I took a copy this time).

petergdownload

Topfield Tonymy01? Smiley Happy

Haven't quite got the handle on the LiveChat email feature myself. I think the confusion is that you can access it during the conversation and think its done, but the email is only sent after the conversation is ended and you go back in and request it. Did you do it at the end? 

I'm not sure what its worth but I'd just copy and paste the convesation before the end.

Peter Gillespie

tonymy01

Yes, that is me, fancy seeing you here too, and with #1 kudos Smiley Happy.

I thought I went through the entire process to send the transcript, wish I took screen caps now. The only option left was to close, so presumably the send email part worked.

petergdownload

Well Kudos is just Soduko without the 'o'. Wish that meant something profound but if it does it eludes me. Smiley Happy

Hope your issue is resolved without needing to go back to the transcript.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos