Searching...
Highlighted

Live Chat not working for me?

acrowau

I have tried all diffent links from different Optus pages for a Live Chat.

None seem to work!

I have disabled my antivirus incase that was effecting it - but still no go.

Most 'suggestions' to use Live chat take me to https://www.optus.com.au/notices/service-chat?sid=from:helpandsupportlanding:chattouslanding:fy2018

But it does not work.

All I want to do is add additional email address and all those links/how to to's do not work or lead to back to square 1 !

I must say, moving around the Optus site is very confusing and hard.  (funny too - under my a/c it shows 1 end of contract date under Broadband and another date under my home phone .... how LOL ... but that's a different story)

Re: Live Chat not working for me?

Yeldarb

Yes I agree it is a mess and its been that way or some time. The live chat does have its moments and often just using a different browser or clearing all your temp files and doing a restart fixes the problem. Any browser add-ons, popup blockers or malware, virus programs  can cause a potential conflict. I did have Java disabled at one point and that made things interesting. The link below you posted worked for me. What device and browser are you using and what are you seeing when you hit the chat link?

https://www.optus.com.au/notices/service-chat

acrowau

Thanks for your reply and this morning I was able to contact Live Chat.

But not through my regular browser (Google Chrome), but through Internet Explorer.

This however could only be achieved by turning off my vpn, but still couldn't connect via Chrome.

I had tried previously to turn off my antivirus, blockers etc without success - it all came down to the vpn.

Yeldarb

Yes a VPN is great for Geo blocked content but can cause issues depending on where it is routing. Glad you got it sorted. Smiley Happy

ScruffyJohn

What type of device are you using?  I ask because I have the same problem on my iPad Pro.  For me, I selected the topic which underlined the words and then nothing.  

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos