Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Jarvis - employment details

Optus - I recently used the online live chat support. It was very good and was working smoothly until I got to the final stage of provide personal details.

I don't mind providing my Data of birth and details of myself - it's my personal plan.

But when I have to provide my Work details (position / company name) then this is unacceptable. The other problem is the live chat person reports the new Jarvis system requires this information. When I informed them I cannot provide this information due to work security reason - I was informed by the chat support member that they couldn’t complete the order process.

I ended up stating I was unemployed to get past your limited options.

Can you please provide an option for your support staff to select an option to over right this requirement

5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Jarvis - employment details

Sounds like it was part of the credit check if you were signing up to a new service. From my past experiences when ordering products on "credit", it's pretty common for them to ask for your place of employment. I get the feeling you must have a pretty cool job if you can't tell people who you work for!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hello @ibmdog

Sorry for the delay. Was this a new service or were you already on a billed service and you were completing a handset upgrade? If a credit check was being completed, this information would be required to submit the check. In this case, there is no way for us to bypass the field as it is a requirement in the check as outlined by both credit agencies. If it was for an upgrade and you were an existing customer, we would need you to send us a private message for further investigation.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just had a similar situation (via chat) but was asked for during of stay at my current address during the process of re-contracting/upgrading. Is this also part of the credit check process? They advised that the information was needed to complete the order. But when I said I would not provide the information without an explaination of the Jarvis system and what that information would be used for., the next line from the agent was "Your order order has been proccessed, Order No#XXXXXXXX"

I am confused why the information is originally "required" but then all of a sudden not when asked for further information?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'll try and give you the short version.

When we recontact customers, we perform internal credit checks.

When we're moving customers from our old legacy servicing/ordering/billing platform the information we currently hold doesn't transfer across to the new system. When we re contract customers with services still on our old platform, the directive is to migrate the customers service across to our new platform (Jarvis). That means we may ask for your most current details before processing your order. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks @Dan_C

I have no issues with an internal credit check being performed nor the update of details. My concern is with not being told that an internal credit check is being completed outright. I would be much more forthcoming if they explained exactly as you did, that an internal credit check will need to be completed for all re-contracting customers and if I would okay with that. Rather than being asked "Please help me with advising the duration you have lived at your current address" right after confirming to go ahead with an order. It's not okay to ask for key personal information such a driver's licence number and duration at current residential address without an initial explaination as to why you need it. 

0 Kudos