Searching...
Highlighted

Is there a Web Browser that My Account works with?

GrumpyOldMan_11

Hi

I've tried to see the detailed usage of my son's phone (second in three mobiles on the account) but it keeps reverting to the top mobile in the list. Tried it with Firefox and Chrome and same thing happens. Does any Web Browser play well with My Account? Same thing happened when I wanted to move my number (third in three mobiles) to a new sim - couldn't do it online, had to ring the assistance line.

Surely these are simple things that could be done online and lift some pressure off help desk staff. Can see son's phone on My Optus on my phone but no detailed usage available, tells me to log onto My Account and so it goes around.

Thanks for any info.

GrumpyOldMan_11 (Was GrumpyOldMan_10 but Yes Crowd wouldn't recognise me)

Re: Is there a Web Browser that My Account works with?

Yeldarb

If you are using a PC I don't think it's a browser issue if you are able to see usage for other phones under your account. If you are using a mobile device when viewing your account you may want to try desktop view and see if that helps. Chrome is the recommended browser for the account portal I believe.

GrumpyOldMan_11

Hi

If it's not a browser issue then My Account is broken. You can only look in detail at the first listed mobile number.

1. I log in

I can see the list of my three mobiles.

Optus fault1.jpg

2. I select the phone I want to have a look at, in this case the second on the list,

Optus fault 2.jpg

3. I hit the 'View Details' button and it reverts to the first listed mobile with no option to change to the correct phone. Looks like programmed to be 'sticky'.

Optus fault 3.jpg

This incorrectly works like this in both Firefox and Chrome.

Would appreciate any help with this. I had the same problem when I was trying to move my number (third mobile in the list) to a new sim, impossible to do online.

GrumpyOldMan_11

Yeldarb

Unfortunately I think My Account is broken not your browser. I personally have been very critical of the new account portal as many aspects of it never seem to work. I can only suggest you explain your situation to support and see if they can come up with a fix.

Ray_YC

Hi GrumpyOldMan_11 

Thank you for raising this issue. 

I have forwarded your screenshots to our Digital team who have raised a support ticket for this bug.

In the meantime, if you scroll down on the dashboard do you see a data pool breakdown listing your three services, and when you click on the desired service, does the next screen allow you to view the details you're after for that specific service?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
GrumpyOldMan_11

Hi

Can't get My Account to work at all on Firefox this morning and Chrome is still working the same way. On the My Account page there is a pop up list that shows all three numbers when the drop down symbol is pressed, is that what you mean by a data pool breakdown? There is nothing further down the My Account page

As per my previous post, selecting a number from the pop up list takes you to initial information on that phone. Any attempt to do anything else with that phone by View Details locks in the first listed phone record and only shows information on that first phone in the pop up list. So the short answer is 'No' I cannot view the details for any other phone apart from the first listed record in the pop up list. I also cannot do anything like move the number to a new sim either because it is tied into this as well.

I raised the issue when I had to call to move my number to a new sim, obviously nothing much has happened. Firefox is still crippled, thinks for a while then shows 'Welcome!' with no details at all. Chrome, when I push the 'View Details' button shows the page with the correct number for a short while, until the large header 'Mobile Phone' shows on the page and then it reverts to the first listed phone record, so something around that Header is causing the reversion to the first listed number.

Edit. Just tried to hit the Detailed Usage button before it changed with 'Mobile Phone' but it still took me to info on first listed phone.

GrumpyOldMan_11

Hi

I put a reply in yesterday but it seems to have been deleted. When I click on the drop down symbol it shows a list of my three mobiles on this account (as per my first picture). I can select a mobile and be taken to the intial details of that phone (as per my second picture). If I try to do anything from that screen ('View Details') then I get taken to the View Details page but it shows onkly the information for the first listed mobile in the account. It briefly shows the correct number but then is replaced by the first listed number when the header 'Mobile Phone' is shown on that page. I tried to get details before that header showed but it still takes me to only details on the first listed number. The data of the mobile number for that page is not being updated when that page is requested and it is linked to old data.

Ray_YC

Thanks for getting back to me with that info.

I will continue to monitor the  support ticket and provide any updates that come through.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

GrumpyOldMan_11

Hi

Haven't heard anything and the significant fault with My Account and View Details is STILL there. I CANNOT check detailed information on any phone apart from the first listed phone of my three phones. It still erroneously goes back to that first listed phone, so the data linkages are DEFINITELY BROKEN. Don't you guys care if your MAJOR ACCOUNT PORTAL is seriously flawed????

Not holding my breath waiting for an answer.

Ray_YC

All I can advise is it it still being looked at. 

It appears there have been no other customer reports of this same issue however I have requested that they prioritise it as it is impacting you.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos