Searching...

Impossible to contact Optus - payment processing

Catatac

I've been trying to navigate the Optus website in order to communicate !  The webchat doesnt work (offline), the phone lines (1300 309 309 and 133 937) do not work, I dont subscribe to Twitter and the webmail doesnt work.  THere is no other way of communicating with a mobile carrier.  How ironic is that ?!?!?!?  All I wanted to do was confirm the payment processing as it says my bill is overdue DESPITE the direct debit function being recognized and approved.  THe other time I made an inquiry about broadband speed and 2 WEEKS LATER I get an SMS saying that I should get in touch with the technical team (which I cant as the phone lines dont work) or chat (whcih I cant as the function is offline all the time).  I understand that customer service is expensive which is why the call lines are deliberately hard to find on the Optus website but there has to be a minimum SLA .  The level of service provided at present is quite appalling to say the least.

Lift your game please

Re: Impossible to contact Optus - payment processing

Gen_R

Hey Catatac - not too sure what you mean by the numbers 1300 309 309 and 133937 not working, I have no knowledge of them being down. When you call up, you're given a range of options to select from, to ensure you're put through to the correct department. Was it your Internet speed you were needing a hand with? Best to chat with Tech Support on 131344.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

thevotes101

I have had the same problem trying to contact regarding cancellation of direct debit as the account is closed,  and refund for non existing service days. 

I have been on live chat,  the promised to direct my call a few minutes but I then go on the waiting roundabout to get nowhere.  

In store they tell me to call.  I try to call I get on hold and switched  from person to person with no result. 

I am so over this! 

How do I speak to someone in Australia about billing! Please don't tell me to call those numbers,  I think 'does not work'  means you on hold for hours then get no help. 

Esther

Sorry to hear of your troubles there thevotes101! All of our staff, regardless of their location being in Australia or in one of our partner call centres abroad, are able to assist you with your query. The training and empowerment is the same for both our on and offshore staff.

As we're currently experiencing higher than normal call volumes it can take a little longer for an agent to be available but if you call 133937 Monday to Friday between 8am and 7pm local time they will be able to assist.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

KatrinaArcher

It seems to be an ongoing issue that hte direct debit doesn't always process despite being set up, documented throughout these forums. My family are new to Optus; we set up the direct debit two weeks BEFORE the issue date of the bill, and it has failed to process two weeks later, leaving us with an overdue notice. My partner has spent the afternoon discovering how difficult it is to get a response with chat, or an answer on the phone. Could you make a useful recommendation about WHEN to call so he can find out why the debit is failing (the details are correct and there is definitely funds available) and remedy the situation without it costing him hours away from work?

Also, what is local time? We're Eastern Daylight savings time and despite "till 7pm," calls after 6pm go to a SALES ONLY recording? No assistance options are available there. 

Catatac

Well, after a few months, I have managed to resolve the payment issue and the broadband issue, sort of.  The direct debit application takes a month to process and they will only apply it for the billing following the current due bill.  SO, one needs to pay the immmediate bill through other means.  The slow broadband meant a replacement of my router which Optus sold to me at a low price.  The broadband is still slow (in fact slower at times) but I think that may be part of a bigger picture in that broadband in AU is pretty horrible in general.  I've come to the conclusion that all the carriers have pretty ordinary customer service so there isnt a need to stress out about Optus in particular.  My mates all complain about the other provider.

sunshining

I cannot pay my bill either online or tablet.

Cannot even download my bill and my stored creditcard has disapeared. No help from chat!

Any one else having problems today?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos