cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor if2398
New Contributor

Immediate password change requested

I have been trying to log into my account for several months and are constantly stuck in the loop of changing my password, an error message saying immediate password change required and then not being able to log in. 

I have forwarded this error to the LiveChat several times and it has been escalated several times but I still have no response. The Optus team has reset my password and I still can't log in. 

I just want to see my billing and look at my account, I am frustrated that it has been so long and I still am no closer to logging in. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Immediate password change requested

Hi @if2398

It's a bit of a tough one for us to help out with from our side. We do work closely with our Social Media service team. The team works 24/7 and they're happy to help with this sort of thing. You can message them directly from our Facebook or Twitter pages. 

By the sounds of it, we'll need to go in and ensure that the account has been correctly linked with your My Account profile. If necessary, they can go in and manually create your My Account profile from scratch. It tends to solve the majority of login related issues. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor MariaNewbond
New Contributor

I am having the exact same problem.  Have now called Optus and they have created a case and assure me that something will happen in the back end and this issue should be fixed in 24hours.  As you rightly say, I just want to look at my account and billing.  Not sure why things have changed, I was happily doing this for years and now something has gone wrong.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

At this stage we're unsure of the cause behind it, MariaNewbond.

Let us know how your case went.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors