Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor joysboy
New Contributor

I have direct debit and get a payment reminder text every month

G,Day,

I took out a contract with Optus through a well known retailer about 6 months ago and immediately created a direct debit, to go out on time, each month, so as, no payment delays were / are incurred... I continue to get quite insulting texts on my mobile from Optus, saying my payment is a little over due and may incur extra fees?....I pay on time, all the time!!!.

Today, I spent 1hr 50 minutes, calling Optus (5) times, with different operators on each occasion, asking to be connected to the billing department, not ( Pre-Paid)….I hung on and on, until, it proved to be the worst possible experience, anyone could come into contact with, regarding a carrier....I still dont have an answer as to why I continue to get these uncalled for reminders and the matter remains unresolved...Another 18 months of this, come on...Bad customer service, with the pretense, Optus, is a leader...Wouldn't you be annoyed, receiving insulting reminders, which are totally unnecessary?... Damn hide and "YES" I'm annoyed!!!!

No regards

Barry

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Monthly Billing

Yeah. Its a small thing in the scheme of things but I'd be annoyed if I did everything right only to be told every time that 'we're keeping our eye on you'. I'm not sure the Optus frontline is actually capable of fixing a glitch like this. It's just automation going wrong.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Barry,

Peter may be on the money that this isn't something our frontline teams would be able to fix themselves however this shouldn't excuse them not following through for someone in the backend to investigate and fix.

I suspect another customer who regularly pays their bills late has somehow got your mobile number as the contact number, entered as a typo perhaps.

As it's been unresolved for 18 months, from here I would suggest your next step would be to lodge a complaint online. You'll find the link on the bottom left hand corner of this page. 

Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor joysboy
New Contributor

Ray,
Thank you I'm about to use the link...Greatly appreciated mate I suspect its automation or AI at its worst or maybe best?...All the best thanks for the reply and input...
Regards
Barry
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're most welcome, Barry. I just hope it's worked out and resolved! 🤞 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor joysboy
New Contributor

Re: I have direct debit and get a payment reminder text every month

Well guys I put a compliant in on the hyperlink you provided and have heard nothing, however all my payments were going out via Visa on time, until the 9 Dec 19...Each month my "Bill" is $49.00 and now I have a "Bill" for $103... I,m not only worried about this, I have tried and tried, to call "Billing", again as late as today, the 11th January 20 but no one could help, as its Saturday... I cant get anywhere with this...I have never struck such disorder, for quite a long time...I didn't do anything different regarding calls over the festive season and I have 10gbs of data each month I never use.. This is hopeless...
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus do seem to have a best effort approach sometime. They know stuff goes wrong but they take the approach that they'll sort it out in the end. Getting the right person can sometimes be an effort. And yes the Billing Department doesn't do weekends. :o(

Have you seen your bill yet? It should have something explaining the extra cost. As mentioned, hopefully you can get it sorted on Monday.
0 Kudos
New Contributor joysboy
New Contributor

Peter,

Yes the bill is as I stated but no explanation or breakdown .....As I stated my monthly outgoing is $49.00 but here this time there are two (2) bills one (1) $37.50 and a further one for $66.00 odd no explanation...I have looked to download my statements but nowhere to be found mate....I hope Monday proves successful in regard to contacting them....I wouldn't mind but I have a AAA credit rating and always have had and have worked hard over my life span to always maintain such a rating...   

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Understand the concern. But we're a long way away from credit ratings being touched yet. Let us know how Monday goes.
0 Kudos