Searching...

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro order

Squizz

Hi Barfly,

Great to hear you like the phone.

I'm yet to see a review showing the real world modem speeds of this device, the first cat18 phone on Optus.

Appreciate if you could post an Ookla http://speedtest.net next time you're in a 4G+ area.

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

I'm glad to hear that an SMS has been sent out to customers impacted by the delay. To put in perspective, the average amount of Huawei hand sets sold per has risen by almost 250%. I can only presume that forecasting is done based on the popularity of the handset when compared with promotions we've run in the past. The demand for the Huawei Hands was unprecedented.

If you've placed an online order via self-serve, these orders are sent through to a temporary order database. They then require manual intervention by our admin team. They do work off a queue and action orders as they come through. Due to the popularity of the $59.00 promo plan especially when paired with the iPhone 8 and Huawei mate 10 handsets; our admin team did have a large backlog to get through. It's not only mobile orders that were impacted by the delay but our entire product suite.

If the order was placed via live chat, it's entered into our front line sales system which flows directly into our order/servicing platform. It's quite likely that customers that opted to go through live chat will have received their orders first.

This is clearly something that needs to be worked on and I apologise for the lack of communication over the holiday period.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ssalah75

Actually, this is more confusing, as not all has received that sms, I've ordered : as mentioned before; on 16th and I've received nothing, does that mean, whosoever received the sms his order is confirmed and the others have issues with their order?

There should be some transparency from optus and to send to all whom ordered the phone some thing to tell the status and the ETA in such cases instead of keeping them waiting our trying to find answers through customer service.

AR1984

It's way better than any phone I've had, and it puts the new iPhone to shame

Nirvana621

I don’t think it explained why I haven’t received my phone which was ordered on 11/12/17. Contacted Optus couple of times, be told the ETA was 13/12, 15/12, 20/12 and now it is 28/1/2017. It is not acceptable.

m4v3r1ck

I have also not received the text message saying the phone will be delivered around the 28/1/18. So what does that mean? I am going to receive the phone later than that or Optus simply missed texting me. 

Gemmbo

Hey guys, does anyone know if there is stock of this phone in the physical stores? I called up the help line and tried the chat and neither would tell me if the phone is available in store. 

If if someone knows it is available, doesn’t anyone know the cost of the plans?

Highlighted
Solution

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Hey @m4v3r1ck, impacted customer will have received the following SMS.

Hi there, due to high demand, there has been a delay with your Huawei Mate10 Pro delivery. Your new phone will be delivered by approximately 29th Jan 2018. To apologise for the wait and thank you for your patience, we’d like to waive your access fees for 1 month (applied by your second bill). We’re hoping you’ll stay with us but if you need to cancel your order, please call 1300929949. Thanks, Your Optus Team.

For those that ordered an iPhone 8 256GB Silver, they'd have received a similar SMS.

OPTUSMSG: Hi there, due to high demand, there has been a delay with your iPhone 8 256GB delivery. Your new phone will be delivered by approximately 15th Jan 2018. To apologise for the wait, we’d like to waive your access fees for 1 month (applied by your second bill). We appreciate your patience but if you need to cancel your order, please call 1300929949. Thanks, Your Optus Team

I'd encourage those that haven't received an SMS but had ordered their handset closer to the beginning of the promotion start date to send us a PM with their account details. We'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

As far as retail stock is concerned, I've been advised that the Huawei mate 10 is currently on Stop sell. The handset is currently not available for backorder or rain check. 

IF YOU'RE LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND A HANDSET IN STORE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE AN ORDER.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Musemellow

@GemmboI believe the cost of the plan may vary between stores.  The store closest to my home were willing to match the $59 online deal for the other phones (Huawei Mate10 Pro sold out on the first week of release).

But I wouldn't be surprised if other physical stores refuse to match the online deal.

I suggest to try give phsycal stores close to your place a call for availability. 

Jezphillips

Hi Dan

I signed up and ordered mine instore, am I likely to be in the same situation as those guys waiting until the 29th?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
29 Kudos
22 Kudos
19 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos