Searching...

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro order

Dan_C

I've replied back @AkyraStrike. We'll continue chatting with you there.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Resolveitnow

That up to 2 weeks was added this afternoon and ironically after I had a lengthy discussion on the issue with a livechat supervisor.

Yet there is still a problem as the phone is stated as available now, this is incorrect as you have zero stock therefore it is not available now.

You can state that ordwrs can be placed and expected delivery is 2-3 weeks.

YNWA86

This is fake advertising. Should contack the ACCC

Asked the consultant before ordering. Phone in stock? Yes Delivery 1-3 days.

Asked sales again yesterday. Phone in stock? Yes Delivery 3-5 days.

My mrs ordered this phone on the 18th. nothing

[ Edited ]
Musemellow

I ordered on the 18th as well.

I was given an unconvincing estimate of "some time next week" by one of the CSR.

How difficult is it for the CSR to get more concrete ETA from the warehouse team. There should be a cargo number to track delivery status from Huawei warehouse to Optus warehouse. 

Dan_C

Hey @Musemellow,

I've been advised that the Huawei Mate 10 is now on back order. Any backorders should be fulfilled by mid-January.

I'm still waiting on confirmation as to when this had actually taken effect. This will help us answer the question, "does that impact customers who'd placed an order before today."? Once I have more information, I'll update this thread.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

prohaan

Terrible service, terrible customer care. I called again and upon explaining my details the rep said 3-5 days more. I asked for a tracking number as the previous rep also said 3-5 days, she couldn't give me one.

I'm done with Optus after being a loyal customer with phone plans for nearly 4 years. I just cancelled my order and feeling better now. I wish I could get some trouble back to them as I'm still a bit mad.

Merry christmas all, wish you have better luck than me receiving your phone, I'm just gonna buy something upfront. Happy holidays.

AkyraStrike

That sucks Prohaan, I agree this has been handled attrociously and the lack of communication in particular is some of the worse I've ever seen. Dan from here has been attempting to assist me via PMs (which I do appreciate), but isn't having much more luck.

If I had known it would be over a month until the device would arrive and in that time I would be completely in the dark, I probably wouldn't have signed up for the deal, as I was already on a sim only plan and could've just brought a phone outright. 

prohaan

Yeah  , that really sucks. You know I was so surprised when the rep cancelled the order within a minute without even asking why. As if they are happy to cancel. I didn't actually think they would cancel it, as according to them, my order was in the warehouse ready to be shipped in 3-5 days. I guess they are just lying. I would suggest anybody who's not wanting to wait anymore to just go with the cancellation process.

Musemellow

To add salt to the wound.Optus order processing isn't really first in first serve.

I know someone who ordered the phone in store a day after my order date (18th), and that person already have the phone delivered.

AkyraStrike

It's definitely not on a first come first serve basis. My order was placed Thu 14/12 at 11:22am and I appear to be on the backorder list. yet I've been talking with others, both people I know and on other forums, who placed orders as recent as Tue 19th and have received their phone. It's a complete farce at this point.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos