Searching...
Accepted Solution

Huawei mate 10 pro order

prohaan

Hi, ordered Huawei mate 10 pro more than 4 days ago, got initial email containing temporary order number and waiting since then for the actual order number to track. Also, when I log in to my Optus account, don't see any order under my order section. I'm tired of calling and being on hold for more than 30 minutes for more than 3 occasions. It appears like a hoax now. Already thinking about cancelling the order and buy from somewhere else if customer support is this. I've been using Optus for last 4 years, always in a contract with phone, never found service so poor. 

So, the question is, how do I follow up with online order if I don't see any order under "My Order" tab? Also, how do I cancel my order?

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro order

Toomey

Sorry for the long wait here, there may be a delay processing orders. When you get a temporary order, the details are placed in a queue to be processed by the Sales Support team so your order wouldn't show up online until completed.

If no one has been in touch yet, it's likely waiting to be processed. You can follow up with Sales Support directly to see what's happening. Their direct number is 1300300562 Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 7.00pm EST.

---------------------------------------------------------
Received some handy advice from our Contributors? Remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo & Accepted solution their way!

[ Edited ]
AkyraStrike

I am in the exact same boat, I finally got through to customer service after waiting for an age and have been told that the Huawei Mate 10 Pro is out of stock and is on back order, nothing to do with slow processing, just promising to fulfill orders without actually having the stock!

The rep said it "might" be in by the end of the week. Just more standard incompetence from Optus.

prohaan

Thanks for your reply. Finally I was also be able to speak with the 'right' person after being put on hold for 3 hours! The rep didn't say anything about stock shortage or any delay. She also gave me a new tracking number which doesn't show the delivery eta yet though. But it's crazy how someone has to wait for 3 hours to ask for his orders which should have been processed 5 days ago. Did you get tracking number yet?

Highlighted

AkyraStrike

Nope no tracking provided, so maybe youve been a bit luckier than me and got one of the last in stock. All I was told was I'd get an email when it's dispatched with a tracking number.

That's great and all, but it would've been nice to be told it was on back order in the first place

AR1984

I got unlucky, I placed my order on the 10th waited for the call and order number until Thursday then got told my order was pretty much pushed aside. So the sales team guy processed it that night for me after 1 and a half hours on hold, problem is it meant my order was placed on Friday the 15th but they said I should have the phone by today. Checked with Optus chat yesterday what’s going on and I may not get it until after Xmas because the phone has been popular, i ask if I could pick up in store and they said I’d have to cancel the order and I wouldn’t get the same plan. If only it was processed on the 48 hours after the 10th like promised maybe I’d have the phone now 😠

Resolveitnow

So i placed my order on Monday 11th december for a Huawei Mate 10 Pro on a $59 plan/20GB data and have made numerous contacts with order tracking team via livechat. Every single time have been advised to wait another 2-3 business days and your order will be processed and phone delivered.

After no response (as expected) I again contact via livechat to be advised that there is now no stock of the phone and the wait time is 2 weeks!!! How can a company run a promotion without sufficient supply of a product??????

The Optus website as of right now advises that the Huawei Mate 10 Pro is "available now" - so that indicates that despite having no stock they are prepared to take orders and give people the impression they will receive the phone within a few days of the order placed.

this is a breach of the trade practices act to advertise that they can supply a product that they have no stock of, if they advised that stock was unavailable or there will be a delay in receiving the product i could somewhat understand.

very disappointed that Optus are offering this as a christmas promotion yet can't be fulfilled until well after christmas. will be spreading the word on the imcompetence shown by Optus.

AkyraStrike

The fact they continue to offer the phone, without even stating it's out of stock and delivery will be delayed and then the lack of communicating this with people that have signed up for it, is just completely appaling from Optus. Across multiple forums I've seen numerous people complaining they're getting the same treatment. 

AR1984

I finally got a text saying it’s left the warehouse but still can’t seem to track it on star track yet

Resolveitnow

Considering they have no stock available I am surprised but I hope you get your phone in the next few days.

Unfortunately I have to wait at least 2-3 weeks for mine. Terrible service by Optus who are trying to pass the buck to Huawei

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
15 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos