There will be some channels leaving the Fetch service soon. Click here to find out what they are. Read the full story
2015-09-09 02:22 PM
Changing your password is easy using our online self help tools. The process differs for Pre-Paid, Post Paid, Cable, DSL and NBN customers so please ensure you're looking at the right information for your service.
Cable, DSL, NBN, Post Paid Mobile
Please read prior to changing your Post Paid password: Changing the primary usernames password may also:
- Change your internet access password for DSL Internet Access requiring you to reconfigure your modem.
- Change your My Account password if it shares the same username with your OptusNet account
- Change your Member Services password (Used for online billing with Cable services)
- Change the Account Holder's OptusNet Primary email password
- Login using your MyAccount username, not your service/phone number
- Follow the steps in the below image
- Select your Fixed or Mobile Broadband service and click its "settings" tab
- In the 'Settings' tab go to the 'My Optus Email Accounts' option and click 'Manage'
- In the 'Email Accounts' screen you can view, add or remove secondary accounts or edit your primary or secondary account passwords by following the prompts. Please note:
- If you change the primary account's password, make sure that your read the important info at the start if this article
- If you delete a secondary email account, it cannot be recovered
You'll first need to change your password on the Optus Broadband server
2016-08-20 05:22 AM - last edited on 2016-08-21 12:27 PM by Thane
YEAH ITS EASY MATE. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN YOU LONGER AND INVOLVED TECHNICAL SKILLS FAR GREATER THAN JUST CLICKING THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
2016-09-03 08:59 PM - edited 2016-09-03 09:07 PM
When I use this tool, I can not delete an old email address, it says Access Denied.
Also how do you reset a secondary users password ?
It only has a change password option which requires you to know the original password which doesn't help if you don't know it.
2016-09-03 07:09 AM
Hey @tbz, those features aren't available via the website if you don't have full account access - this is for security purposes, more than happy to help out with resetting the password for you and deleting any unwanted email addresses if you can PM me your full name, DOB and the primary email address.
2016-09-03 09:09 AM
Hollie, thanks for the response and the offer to reset but I thought the whole idea was for a customer to manage their own accounts.
So the real question is why don't I have full account access and how do I get it ?
These are email addresses created by me under my broadband account. Using a previuos tool I was able to create, modify and delete these addresses so why do I no longer have access to do it now with My Account ?
2016-09-03 09:26 AM
You should be able to do this as long as you're logging in with the primary username and password to access the secondary accounts - from what I understood, you weren't sure what that password was? Is that correct or did you mean you weren't sure what one of the secondary passwords? If you can PM me the primary username and your details I can check out all the usernames attached and just make sure it's all ok from our side.
2016-09-03 02:02 PM
2016-10-25 08:10 PM
So why couldn't the technical support person get me to do this when I spent nearly an hour with him on the phone.
Thanks for the instructions 😀
2016-11-12 12:12 PM
My email is not showing up on my account.