Searching...
Accepted Solution

How to I cancel my contract?

Mathewo

I have been an Optus customer for ten LONG years and it has been horrific! The customer service is embarrassing; transferred calls, broken “they will call you back” promises, unanswered questions and infuriating interations with staff online. I am trying to cancel my contract! Sounds easy right? We have been paying for MONTHS for a service that we cannot use, and this is only the latest drama in a ten year struggle. 

How do I cancel my contract? I refuse to wait on hold for another fifteen hours (this week alone!) and be transfers to someone who can’t help me.

thoughts?? 

Re: How to I cancel my contract?

Yeldarb

Jump on the live chat below and ask billing and accounts to cancel your contract. Keep a copy of the chat transcript.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Mathewo

Wow, I hadn't thought of that! I have been trying to do that for the last three weeks! Seriously? 

Yeldarb

The chat doesn't work for you?

Mathewo

No, all I want to do is cancel my broadband due to the horrific customer service and the fact that we are still paying for a service that isn't working. 

Mathewo

I'm a chat now, they can't do anything!  I have been an Optus customer for ten LONG years and it has been horrific! The customer service is embarrassing; transferred calls, broken “they will call you back” promises, unanswered questions and infuriating interactions with staff online. I am trying to cancel my contract! Sounds easy right? We have been paying for MONTHS for a service that we cannot use, and this is only the latest drama in a ten-year struggle. 

How do I cancel my contract? I refuse to wait on hold for another fifteen hours (this week alone!) and be transfers to someone who can’t help me.

Yeldarb

So you can't get through on the phone or the chat to cancel or they won't let you cancel?

Mathewo

Does anyone in Optus communicate with each other? I have spent fifteen hours on hold so far this week 

Yeldarb

Um no they are rather dysfunction at the best of times however you are on the public forum and most of the people on here don't have any say in what Optus does.

Mathewo

I have just referred it to the ombudsman. They can sort it out!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos