Searching...
Solution

Re: How to I cancel my contract?

Mathewo

At last! After a painful four hours on hold today and a total of fifteen hours of being transferred hung up on and unanswered questions the dreaded Optus broadband issues have been resolved. The solution, me canceling our contract and never signing up with Optus again. Next contract to cancel will be our mobiles when they expire in a few months... victory! 

Solution

Yeldarb

You haven't asked anything other than how to cancel your account. I understand you have a problem with a service that you are paying for but I don't know what that is. If you give a bit more information we might be able to offer some suggestions.

Solution

Mathewo

Your solution does not work. 

Solution

Mathewo

Nope,  still not canceled. "Please be assured, our Customer Relation Group manager will contact you with a best resolution.." I have heard that before.
Solution

petergdownload

I'd suggest writing your request to the official complaints line. Detailing the issues and requesting the cancellation. That should spark an official process. If its not concluded in the 14 days you can easily refer it to the TIO. The letter is also a handy line in the sand when it comes to getting a refund for months of service you didn't want.

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Has anyone had experience referring Optus to the telecommunications ombudsman

Mathewo

Has anyone had experience referring Optus to the telecommunications ombudsman. I have just submitted a complaint and they very promptly got back to me - a pleasant experience after dealing with Optus! 

What happens next?? How is the complainted handled and dealt with? 

Solution

Re: Has anyone had experience referring Optus to the telecommunications ombudsman

petergdownload

The TIO usually first asks have you submitted an official complaint to Optus. This is a formal procedure not a live chat or forum complaint. After that the TIO generally just forward your complaint to Optus with a note, What gives? Optus have a few weeks to respond or fix the issue. 

Peter Gillespie

Solution

PhilC

Hi @Mathewo if you'd like to send the account details through to us via a PM we'd be happy to assist in disconnecting your service.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Solution

Re: Has anyone had experience referring Optus to the telecommunications ombudsman

Mathewo

I have been on hold for a total of fifteen hours thsi week - and it's only Wednesday. After being transfered to countless people and re-expling my situation I have had enough. I want someone to call me today to arrange cancelation. Not good enough! I am wondering why you make it so difficult to cancel a contract?

Solution

petergdownload

Presumably Optus staff think there is some debate over whether you should be able to exit your contract? 

I do agree that online and on phone staff are under resourced, under authorised and under responsible. There is a 'retentions department' (ask for it specifically) and any requests to leave should normally be diverted there and a direct resolution quickly decided on.

But failing that I'd suggest you write to the official complaints address and formally request an end to your contract. 

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
10 Kudos
8 Kudos
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
3 Kudos