Searching...

Gotta love the Optus callback service

Barfly

So I tried to call Optus this morning.  The wait time was more than 40 minutes so I used the callback service.

30 minutes later I get the call back.  An automated voice gives me the Optus spiel and then dumps me in a queue.  Eventually someone answers, and things really get funky!  I don't know what language she was speaking but it sure as hell was not English.

After repeatedly telling her that I could not understand a word of whatever she was saying she hung up on me!

I am in hospital at the moment, and will be here for several months - assuming I survive the surgeries.

I wanted to speak to someone to explain that there will be some short term problems getting my account paid until we can arrange a Power of Attorney for my sister to take control of my finances.  As you can imagine, this is not an easy thing to accomplish from a hospital bed over the Christmas/New Year period.

Could we please find an English-speaking person in the appropriate department to please call me back to discuss this.  (Happy to PM contact info)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
What do I know? I'm just a paying customer.

Re: Gotta love the Optus callback service

Caledoz

Hi @Barfly

Hope that you will get better, not fun at all being in hospital and even more at this time of the year.

Have you tried the chat ?

Wish you a speedy recovery.

saktek

Chat is more terrible then Phone.

Toomey

So sorry to hear of the issues @Barfly, I've tagged and passed on the feedback.

Please use the online form to raise an application with the FAST team and someone from their department will call you back directly (no queues)

More information about their team can be found here → Financial Hardship Assistance

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Barfly

@Toomey Still in hospital and still waiting for that someone to call me.

Barfly

Ok. This is stupid. I have been trying to get in touch with your 'hardship' team for more than 3 weeks.

I have been hung up on multiple times; I have filled out their online form multiple times; I have raised this thread in here out of desperation, and told the issue had been flagged.

But I am still to hear from anybody!

And now your accounts people have the nerve to threaten me with disconnection if I don't pay up pronto.

Are you people serious???

What does an aging cancer patient need to do from his hospital bed in order to get the mythical "someone" to call me??

Toomey

Sorry to hear this! Someone should of definitely followed up by now so I'll need to reach out to their team directly for an update. Please send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB. I'll check it out and get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos