Searching...
Accepted Solution

Fix your garbage service please

[ Edited ]
painfulexperien

I went through the worst Telco experience i've had when I switched to Optus Cable because it took 2 weeks of back and forth for YOU to figure out how to set up the accounts.

When I ported myphone from Virgin to Optus YOU cocked up again and put me on a plan when the discussion and the offer was very specificcally a no lock in month-month deal.

It's been endless. I just want 2 things: give me the service I pay for, dont ever make me have to speak to you.

It can be so easy: (Here is your service and all the agreed on components work) "Thanks, here is your money"

Then we just repeat that every month.

I spent a few hours on hold and getting bounced around different departments last month when I had to pay my bill.
Technical Support to Sales to Billing, who then disconnected me while I was on hold.
I also spent an hour or two going in circles with the chat support in the browser.
Then my wife called up and had the same result.

I'm not very keen on going through that again only to get nowhere.
On 3 occasions my wife has added me as an authorised person on our internet account, each time there seems to be an issue getting it done since whenever I call I am told I'm not the authorised person.

Please just fix my account so I can log in and pay my bill.

Account Number is ** account ID hidden for security **
When I log in either it gets stick in a 'retrieving information' loop where it reloads endlessly or I get:
Sorry,
The service you have selected is currently invalid and no usage is available

Here are the following options available to you

To view bills, select Billing & Payments

Link another service to this login   Link   

Activate a new Postpaid service with Optus Activate

Activate a new Prepaid service with Optus Activate

If you have any other questions, please contact us

Re: Fix your garbage service please

Jeneral__Pain

I've removed your account number from your post to protect your account security.

From reading your post, your concern is that when you ported from Virgin to Optus that you were supposed to be on a month to month service with no contract? What have they placed you on?

Sadly, YC can't fix this, it requires the sale documents to be checked and verified against any recordings made, so your best bet is to lodge a formal complaint via www.optus.com.au/complaints

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
painfulexperien

No my issue is that I cant log into my account properly.

There are 2 scenarions: endless "retrieving information" loop where the browser refreshes without end. OR the loop doesnt occur and I get:

Sorry,
The service you have selected is currently invalid and no usage is available

Here are the following options available to you

To view bills, select Billing & Payments

Link another service to this login   Link   

Activate a new Postpaid service with Optus Activate

Activate a new Prepaid service with Optus Activate

If you have any other questions, please contact us

I've been through this for over 5 hours with Phone/Chat support. So I assume you can imagine just how exaspirated I am by this.

If Optus doesnt want me to have access to my account to pay my bill, which according to that message is for a service I dont have then I am fine with that too.

I've posted it here because NOBODY has been able to help and when I try to email any Optus email address I find it rejects it.

Jeneral__Pain

Apologies, your original post said that you were having trouble with the bill, now your having trouble with My Account.

These are two separate things, and online bill access does not preclude you from having to pay a bill.

Again, you can use either live chat www.optus.com.au/livechat or the complaints team to get it investigated and resolved. The YC crowd don't have access to MyAccount high level access, so your best bet is to speak to customer care to get it solved.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Solution

Ray_YC

Based on your experience with phone/chat, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos