Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Bundooracat
New Contributor

Expiry Date

What is the Expiry Date on a Prepaid Mobile plan . Example you have a $10 Plan with Expiry 21 Days. Does this mean in a 12 month cycle I will be charged $10 every 21 days .. effectively making the plan $14.48 per month? Or a $30 at 42 Day Expiry effectively paying $21.72 per month over 12 months.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Expiry Date

Your expiry date is dependent on the offer you select. You've mentioned 2 different offers with 2 different expiry periods in your post so you've answered your own question I believe.

If you're asking when your service will be terminated and therefor your number lost, it's usually 6 months after your last recharge expires. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Expiry Date

That's the correct way to look at it (although you won't be charged, you need to top up yourself at the end of each period.)

Generally longer expiry dates are cheaper per day (but you have to pay a bigger lump sum up front). For example Optus currently offer 160Gb for 365 days for $150 (or 41c a Gb).

Its well worth doing a little spread sheet and annualising the costs to get a good comparison base. If you want to give an indication of how much monthly data and how much you can spend a month you would like someone might have a suggestion on best plan match.
0 Kudos