Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor senses
New Contributor

Errors in My Account dashboard

Hey all,

I'd just like to report a few errors I experienced in the My Account section.

FYI I have a broadband and mobile account.

1. My Account page constantly refreshes

Click on my name (top right, left of Logout) links to https://www.optus.com.au/my-account
The page constantly refreshes and never recovers.

I noticed the my account dashboard links to https://www.optus.com.au/customercentre/myaccount/dashboard, so maybe the above link is obsolete/incorrect?

2. Something went wrong.

I get the "Something went wrong on our side. Please try again later" in the following sections:
* Profile > My subscriptions

* Profile > General marketing

* Services

3. Report a payment doesn't work. I get the following error after submitting "Sorry, payments can't be reported at the moment."

4. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but where it displays my primary service number, it displays my username with 2 spaces in it, seems like its possibly trying to format it as a mobile number, though my username is 7 characters long (3 letters, 4 digits).

Kind Regards,

Joe

Tags (2)
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Errors in My Account dashboard

With fault 1, you need to delete cookies, or use a browser in in cognito/private mode. It goes into a loop if you try to login after a couple of hours. Longer or shorter than that seems to be OK.

Highlighted
Contributor Mike2345
Contributor

Hello Joe,

I had exactly the same error the other day with "My Accounts" page.

I tried about 12 times but got fed up, so I tried a differnt route.

I was able to go to "My Accounts" page through the "My Sevices" page.

I still don't know why though.

Perhaps "they" were updating the page?

re; #2, 3 & 4?

Cannot say.

Maybe a Mod can assist there?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey Joe, thanks for getting in touch with this. From our end we can check your account to make sure everything is provisioned correctly on our end. I would also recommend deleting your cache/cookies for improvements.

Please feel free to send me a private message with the below details and I'll take a look.

Full Name:
DOB:
Account  Number:

Email Address:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor AliSTAR27
New Contributor

Hi, 

I am having the same problem.

Is there a fix for this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Aman_B

Hi  @AliSTAR27  - Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Could you please confirm if you can login successfully to My account? Please feel free to PM us Here   your enquiry details, Optus number, full name, date of birth and we can look into this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor alfabeck
Occasional Contributor

Hallo Joe, 

I feel for you! For the benefit of all users, you're trying to do the right thing and report issues which might not otherwise see the light of day. Unfortunately you're wasting your time: here we are dealing with a culture of poor quality and downright shoddy customer-facing software which will never improve, it seems. The only issues which are addressed are those requiring fire-fighting in which moderators and other privileged contributors access system interfaces which are not available to users. 

Three months ago I spent considerable effort trying to do the same as you with an end-result of precisely zero. See my posts around 31/07/2018. 

It seems that 'quality control' is not in the language which Optus understands. Similarly 'user input'. 

Regards, 

Alfabeck