Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Email billing verify email address

Les1

Hi, I recieved an email from Optus stating that my bill was ready for viewing, and that if I verify my email address, Optus would email my bill instead of requiring me to log into my account to view it.

The instructions provided were: Log into My Account and follow the prompts. Well, using the link titled "Log in to My Account", I logged into my account, and waited for the prompts. None appeared. So I looked around the website for any buttons to press that would bring up the prompts, none were found. So I looked around for a button that had any semblence to Verify Email, none were found. So I searched the help forums for any help on how to verify email, and the closest fit I found was "did not receive verification email" the solution to which was to ask Optus to re-send the missing verification email.

So Optus, please let me know where I went wrong, in my attempt to follow your instructions.

Many thanks.

Re: Email billing verify email address

Yeldarb

If you login to the Optus account portal then click on the Bills tab followed by Billing Options, there should be an option to change your bill to email.

Les1

Hi & thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it does not answer my question. I have already changed my bill to email. I had no trouble doing this. Subsequent to doing this and my latest bill being issued, Optus sent me an email that said my latest bill was due, however, in order to view it, I had to register my email address. My question to Optus was how do I register my email address, not how do I sign up for emailed bills. How do I find the prompts that would walk me through the email registration process? If these don't exist, contrary to what Optus claims, then where on the Optus website do I find the email registration process?

Yeldarb

I thought the only time you had to register your email address was to gain access to the Optus account portal. I don't know why they would send you a second request. Hopefully someone else on this forum will know the answer.

Les1

Here is what I recieved from Optus...

"Hi,
Your Optus bill for account number 62......... is ready for viewing and payment.
You need to verify this email address to view the bill. Please log in to My Account and follow the prompts. Once you have verified your email address a copy of your bill will be sent to you each month via email."

Optus, there are no prompts! And I could not find any way to verify my email.

Yeldarb

You would need to speak with support as this verification process may not even work. There have been numerous changes to the billing system in recent times and it's a bit hard to keep up with what is working and what isn't. I also had a good look through the account portal and unfortunately I can't see any other way of verifying the email address.

Les1

It is never a quick or satisfying task phoning any of the telcos. Hopefully someone who works for Optus is monitoring their own messaging portal, and will flag this as needing attention.

Ray_YC

Hi Les1,

Thank you for raising this issue.

What was the e-mail address that sent you that? (Just first checking it's not a spam one)

If it's legitimate as Yeldarb mentioned I haven't heard of customers having to do that so after confirming the e-mail address if needed I'll PM you our e-mail address here to forward it to so we can investigate further.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Les1

The sender's email address was "myaccount@optus.com.au".

I thought it looked like spam because the salutation was just "Hi," with no name, but then it had my correct account number, the gramar & spelling was all correct, and all the links look legit. The links, as they appear in the email are listed below:

*hidden*

https://www.optus.com.au/customercentre/myaccountlogin

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/apps/my-optus-app

So the email passes all the usual tests for spam.

Solution

Ray_YC

Thanks for confirming.

I've hidden the first link because it reveals your account number to go on and pay the bill (which might not be a bad thing but still!)

I'll PM you shortly.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos