cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor luanneadrie
New Contributor

Difficult to get in contact

Why is it that it is impossible to talk to a real person on the phone with optus?? no matter which number i call out of the 2 that optus provides, I end up in the same place, self service. The chat windows online are the next best thing but still take waaaaaay longer than they need to as you have to wait for a response that could take 2 seconds on the phone however takes 3 minute to type.
I am begging you to please provide a number that is a direct link to either a customer representitive or something similar. All this automative stuff is extremely insensitive and unhelpful especially when youre issue isnt meantioned on the 5 catergories to choose from in self service. 

Optus you need to up your customer service otherwise you will be loosing another customer as ive had to spend 2 days trying to sort issues out and havent spoken to a single living person. 

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Occasional Contributor verybad
Occasional Contributor

Re: Difficult to get in contact

I agree. The only way I find to not just go round and round and then be referred to the internet is to call as if you are buying a new service, they keen to pick up and take your money! Then you can get them to tansfeer you to the relevant department! Still about a hour wait on hold but at least you miss out all the number choices that I have yet to find is anything I want. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I find chat realtively easy to deal with. I was round at the neighbour's place yesterday at 6pm, and I went on chat twice, to ask for account details and changes. Both times, I got on within 30 seconds, and one of the chat guys waited around while I was trying to get into the neighbour's hotmail account with an unknown password.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lalz
New Contributor

I tried calling Accounts - Mobile on 1800 780 219 about an hour ago and got through to someone pretty quickly. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor luanneadrie
New Contributor

Thank you so much! Where did you find that number??

On the optus site there is only the 13 number or the 1509 number.. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors