Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Gregsal
Occasional Contributor

Devices returning

Hi

Just got questions - about returning devices I have been paying for. 

Can I return some and get credit for them or I have to pay them out and then return them because I only use my phone and new device I have recently put on.

I need answers or do I chat with Optus?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Devices returning

I don't completely understand your question. What are you returning and is it something under contract? I think leased phones are the only ones that get returned. Live chat below if you want to ask them.

Edit: Reading your question again I think you are asking what you can do with your old phone if you have a new phone. If that is the question you are free to sell it assuming its not leased. You can either pay out your contract or continue with monthly payments however the phone is yours to do as you wish.

https://www.optus.com.au/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Gregsal
Occasional Contributor

I have iPads I’m paying off and only using one of them. Can I return them or do I have to pay them out?

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you took out a regular 24 month contract the iPads are yours to do as you wish as you own them. You are free to sell them any time you wish however you would still need to pay out the contract. You can do that by continuing to pay your monthly contract as you are now or you can pay out your contract in a lump sum if you have the funds. You can't return equipment to Optus if that's what you are asking. Only leased equipment has that Option at the end of the contract as far as I understand.

0 Kudos