Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Charged twice during prepaid top up

I topped up my phone last Sunday - a $30 dollar recharge. Unfortunately it charged my credit card twice! Now I'm a 27 year old professional, I know how to enter credit card details and process a payment. I didn't do this twice. Nor did anything go wrong during the payment process, I didnt refresh the page or the like.

When I spoke to the Optus care team they siad it was my fault and they will not help in any way. I dont understand how it is my fault, why would I process two consecutive $30 dollar payments, surely there has been some sort of error!

Regardless, the lady I discussed this continued to stress that I paid the money and that's that, it's now with Optus and wont be refunded. Isn't that theft?

Feeling very let down and would like to know what is the best way I can discuss this with someone. I would like my money back - it may only be 30 dollars which is nothing to you, but that is a lot for me to be throwing away. And please don't suggest live chat, I wont nothing to do with that, worst experience I have had with a telco company.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Charged twice during prepaid top up

Hi @serenaelyse I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've had with your prepaid account however it can be quite hard to refund the credit as this will automatically be converted into data on your account if that makes sense? If you'd like to PM the full name, number and date of birth attached to your account →http://yesopt.us/pmphil we'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos