cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Joshde85
New Contributor

Re: Charged for a service that I didn't ask.

Same is happening to me. 

Two months ago it was $18 

Last month is was $26

This month it's at $32

Problem is I called optus yesterday and they apparently blocked the number and set the limit to zero. 

Very very unhappy that this can happen unknowingly to people. I have never replied to an sms about this or seen and pop up. 

I will not be paying the 32 dollars and I'm going to go after my money from the previous months as well. 

It's absolutely disgusting that this can happen without authority 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Lee-Rayne
New Contributor

AirG. Well it is a very organized scam but a scam never the less. I will be making complaints and including Faretrade if I have to. I rang AirG twice and one of the times i mentioned scam he hung up on me. Next time Sam a lady told me she will cancel my mysterious subscription and will get no further charges. Then denide me speaking to a supervisor on getting the charges waved then at the end of the call asked her if she was happy to say on the phone that she had denide me to speaking to a supervisor, she quickly went off to put me through and came back to say i would have to ring back in 30 to 60 minutes. She accused me of letting some one else use my phone to subscribe. I am the only one that ever uses my phone so no was my answer. I never visited a website game or any banner that links me to it and I was surprised that it was not just a scam text but a real organization that is linked to Optus and optus let's them charge me. Going in store to read over my contact with a store witness and will be building a case. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor pezmoz
New Contributor

So it appears I have been charged around 10$ a month for the last few months by MobiGames, to which i never signed up. Somehow this was added whilst i was over in the USA in August/September. Apart from the fact that i dont think I should have to pay for this because I never signed up for it, I find it astonishing to discover to think that Optus seems to think it is perfectly ok to make the default amount for 3rd party charges 200$ AUD a month!!!!!!  And to make things worse, they couldnt possibly make it any harder to change the settings. You would think you can easely change it from your dashboard, but no, you are being transferred to another website where you have to sign up again, make another password, to discover that apparently i have a nokia 6300 (?) and then change the slider to prevent charges of up to 200$ p month.

Poor poor form Optus, anyone would think that you would mke the default setting easily accessible and that it would be 0$.

But no, that would mean you get no kick backs.

I already didnt have a high opinion of you guys after trying to get my internet installed. You just dropped further for charging me for something I never asked for. Time to change provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Marie

Hey @pezmoz

Sorry to hear that this has been the experience you've had.

I'll certainly pass your feedback on to our website team about this.

Have you discussed the charges you've received with either MobiGames or our Customer Care team to have them disputed? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos