Searching...
Highlighted

Changing primary service

hughw

Hi,

In My Account, is it possible to change the primary service?  Reason being that a family member uses the primary service, and I use a different service on the same account.  But because that service is listed first, whenever there is an issue, Optus always seems to ring the primary service, and they are not the account holder or a TPA.

I've tried looking through all the menus I can find in My Account, but they seems to be more around Roaming and service settings, not any actual account level changes.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Re: Changing primary service

Jeneral__Pain

I think there is a way, because my parents account my mother used to get all the text messages on payments/etc and would drive me mad with "omg is this a scam?". I forget how to do it though... but I'm sure it's in My Account.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Davelew

Hi

Yes login to My Account>profile>service preference.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

hughw

I found an option under Profile, then Service Preference - but even though my service is checked to be the first service displayed, the other one is always listed first in My Account.

There used to also be a feature where you could apply nicknames to the services which also seems to be gone now.  Maybe I'll get that facility back when I get moved to the new platform...

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

Seems like you got there before me.

It would be interesting if Optus explained what selecting a primary account there does.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

Nice find @Davelew (pity it doesn't work)

The new platform does have nicknames but its pretty limited IME. 

One other thought I had was perhaps splitting the services completely and taking your service to your own account @hughw?

Peter Gillespie

hughw

Yes @petergdownload I've thought about that, but since I already have to have a second bill due to having Cable Internet, I'd rather not have 3 bills each month. 

My brother has 3 bills (one for just his landline, one for his ULL/ADSL2+ and one for his mobile), and because he chooses to pay at post he gets hit with $2.20 paper bill fee, plus the AusPost fee on each account each month.  So my issue is much more minor in relation to display only.

petergdownload

You could split it out then add it back in to your main account? Not sure if it's possible but just a thought.

Your brother sounds like he's making hats work for himself, also expensive.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
29 Kudos
22 Kudos
19 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos