Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Surf4575
New Contributor

Change of Ownership

Hi,

I am trying to change my mobile service from my father's name to my name, using the online "CHOWN" form. But when I enter my father's details, it comes up with the error message: "Hmmm. The details you've entered don't match what we have in our system. Please check you have entered the Account holder details correctly or refer to the FAQs for more information.", even though all of the details are correct.

Can anyone help?

TIA

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Change of Ownership

Could be a mis print in the system that’s slowing you down.. You and your father may be required to pop into a Optus shop or your father would need to contact Optus directly.. Unless of course you yourself is authorised to make account changes on his behalf.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Surf4575
New Contributor

Hi Dave,

My father contacted Optus via live chat and the agent told us they can't help and we can only do it through the online form, which isn't working.

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Hi @Surf4575, it's strange you're getting that error. The only other option if the form isn't working is to head into a store, I'd maybe suggest your Father contact us again to double check the account details he has are correct though

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos